Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV-59-US Guitars: How Many?

Hi all, Is there an "in the ball park" number of how many JTV-59-US guitars have been produced? I can only find 3 for sale, all used/ refurbished, one on Reverb and the other two on the Line6 website. Also, who actually makes these guitars? I called James Tyler Guitars and they say James created the designs, but the US guitars are actually built by someone else. My guess is because of the price of these, there aren't a whole bunch of them around. Does Line 6 have it's own exclusive USA guitar-building shop or do they use one of the California builders to produce them? If it's a secret, you know, like "we can assure you they are a California USA built guitar, but we cannot disclose who in the USA does it for us" that's cool. 

The reason I'm asking is I just purchased a used one (haven't received it yet) and would like to know how many of them are out there if that is possible, even if it's an "in the ballpark" estimate. Thanks in advance!

The reason I'm asking is I just purchased a used one (haven't received it yet) and would like to know how many of them are out there if that is possible, even if it's an "in the ballpark" estimate. Thanks in advance!

Just for my own morbid curiosity, what difference would it make if there were 100,1000, or 10,000? They're extraordinarily unlikely to become collector's items no matter how many there are.

One of James Tyler's people has a place in the LA area where the US ones are made.

How many are made,.... don't have that info. Wouldn't know where to find that info.

NSA Wiretapping has verified that the "Russians" are directly involved

and that the guitars are actually being made in Siberia by interned slave labor.

With tools made from mastodon ivory. And pick-ups 'outa meteorites.

How many are made you ask ??........Duh, Umm, Ahhh  .....    I would say look at the purchase order/orders ?

You guys had 'em made after all.

But neither party involved knows "Who", "Who" is ?

Even Hostess knows how many Twinkies it made.....................

Call me a Cynic,but

ILMAO

They still have the same crappy onboard computer,That's where the problems lie.

So Good Luck !

AND DON'T FORGET TO GET A DONGLE  !

• Downvote 1

Just for my own morbid curiosity, what difference would it make if there were 100,1000, or 10,000? They're extraordinarily unlikely to become collector's items no matter how many there are.

Well, in regard to it being a collector's item, I think there are people that collect guitars that have this guitar in their collection, so not really sure what you mean by your statement; maybe you are thinking like "it'll never be a collector's item like a '61 Stratocaster that's been sitting under great grandpa's bed since 1963, and is in absolute original condition", and I totally get that, but compared to a Korean one, if someone had a mint condition Korean one side by side with a mint 59US, and the fellow who owned them really liked me and said "I'm going to give you my 59US" I'd be a whole lot more giddy than if he said "you know what; I'm going to give you my 59 Korean". The Korean model is much more readily available than the US one. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask "about how many were made?" I worked for Frito-Lay for over 20 years, and if you asked me "hey, how many bags of Lay's Potato Chips did your plant make last year?", I would just go over to the computer and key in the product in question, the time frame, print out the report, and be able to tell you pretty close to a home plate in the ball park number of how many sellable bags were produced. Somehow I don't think there are even 10,000 of them out there, but I don't know. I'm asking because we're not talking about a guitar that you can pick up any time of day for $600, it's a guitar that costs $4k refurbished from Line 6, and there are only three I can find for sale anywhere, (I just found 3 '61 Strats on Reverb for sale; just saying).

Well, in regard to it being a collector's item, I think there are people that collect guitars that have this guitar in their collection, so not really sure what you mean by your statement; maybe you are thinking like "it'll never be a collector's item like a '61 Stratocaster that's been sitting under great grandpa's bed since 1963, and is in absolute original condition", and I totally get that, but compared to a Korean one, if someone had a mint condition Korean one side by side with a mint 59US, and the fellow who owned them really liked me and said "I'm going to give you my 59US" I'd be a whole lot more giddy than if he said "you know what; I'm going to give you my 59 Korean". The Korean model is much more readily available than the US one. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask "about how many were made?" I worked for Frito-Lay for over 20 years, and if you asked me "hey, how many bags of Lay's Potato Chips did your plant make last year?", I would just go over to the computer and key in the product in question, the time frame, print out the report, and be able to tell you pretty close to a home plate in the ball park number of how many sellable bags were produced. Somehow I don't think there are even 10,000 of them out there, but I don't know. I'm asking because we're not talking about a guitar that you can pick up any time of day for $600, it's a guitar that costs $4k refurbished from Line 6, and there are only three I can find for sale anywhere, (I just found 3 '61 Strats on Reverb for sale; just saying).

The inards will die of cancer before it's 10th birthday. That is more likely to happen than it working 20 years later.....IMHO.

55 or 60 years later ??? Not gonna happen.

I don't know of many computers now that last much longer than about a decade or so of lifespan. Support won't be here that long either. L6 will just move on. In 10 yrs it will be like having Windows 3.

They never fixed any bugs in the JTV's. 

There's already a rumor of a new Variax platform. 

Plus....it's refurbished 'cause it was F'ed up.   It wasn't there on vacation getting a $4,000 suntan.

It is subject to all the gremlins that the Korean ones are....Just in a nicer package.