Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pics of my new Baby!

spikey

Thanks, guys!! I just love it. It moans and growls for days with Helix. If you are even wondering, I found a pickguard maker on Ebay. He lives in Germany and makes them there and then ships over here. I waited for abt a month and got it in this morning! his Ebay name is tolian_soran , and I really like his work.

Nice.

Looks a little strange to me as I'm so used to seeing this guitar with the pickguard it came with (I have the same exact guitar). This guitar pairs really well with Helix, as you know, and is an absolute joy to play, which I'm reminded of every time I pick it up. It's also good to see an Ibanez instead of another Gibson or Fender.

You really should get yourself an Ultralite tremolo arm. It's expensive but it's the best tremolo arm ever.

There were two new arms that came with mine Duncann, the one you see and a padded one. Is that the ultralight perhaps?

Looks just like the one in the pics I looked at.  I just love the Brass (gold) pickguard with "Tree of Life" on it- sets it off for me.

But I'm glad you like it in a strange sorta way...  ;)  

There were two new arms that came with mine Duncann, the one you see and a padded one. Is that the ultralight perhaps?

Looks just like the one in the pics I looked at.  I just love the Brass (gold) pickguard with "Tree of Life" on it- sets it off for me.

But I'm glad you like it in a strange sorta way...  ;)  

The Ultralite isn't padded; it's a material (like carbon fiber) which is super-light (was meant to combat flutter, ironically - since both Steve Vai and Satch were involved with the creation of the Ultralite bar - I think Steve is still favouring one of the aluminum sleeved prototypes on one of his performance guitars - and they've both got lots of history with making use of the flutter effect in compositions).

I have added padding to my Jem7VWH bar, in fact - I used a long-discontinued sleeve that Ibanez used to have in its product lineup.

I think it was called the Suregrip.

I padded mine to ADD mass, to INCREASE flutter potential =]

I used to like the flutter effect but have grown to dislike it. One of the reasons I like the Ultralite (spikey, yep that's the other one in the case) so much. It's not that you can't flutter, but it's a tighter and shorter flutter with less intensity. More importantly though, it greatly helps to lessen unwanted flutter when the bar isn't in use, such as over-enthusiastically hitting a string.

Thanks, guys!! I just love it. It moans and growls for days with Helix. If you are even wondering, I found a pickguard maker on Ebay. He lives in Germany and makes them there and then ships over here. I waited for abt a month and got it in this morning! his Ebay name istolian_soran , and I really like his work.

Very cool. All of his stuff on eBay seems to be silver finish...I'd be very interested in a gold finish one like yours. Does he have a separate website? Can't seem to find one anywhere...

Hi cru,

If you will pm the guy thru paypal explaining what you want (polished brass like mine), he will send you a "request to buy" a brass one special order. It costs $10 or $20 more (sorry don't remember exactly now), but that's how I did it. Hope that helps.

Hi cru,

If you will pm the guy thru paypal explaining what you want (polished brass like mine), he will send you a "request to buy" a brass one special order. It costs $10 or $20 more (sorry don't remember exactly now), but that's how I did it. Hope that helps.

Thank you sir!