Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

had a gig with the Xitone MBritt convertible open/closed back

glideman

It's truly a great on stage FRFR!!!  I expected it to sound good in the mix after really cranking it up almost full tilt at the house a few times.

It sounded better in the mix than I ever expected, though!!!  It was GREAT!!!!!

I just can't say enough good things about it!  I could swear I had a tube amp on stage!!!  I was a tube snob for many many many years!

I would think that you'd want to feed the board a direct signal with cab emulation to the board when using any FRFR amp/speaker like the Xitone.

That's what I would think as well. OP did say other guitarists in the audience also commented on it. Even if he went from Helix with a cab model direct to FOH, I'd be curious whether the live cab next to him on stage helped his performance. About the only drawback I've found with using a PA speaker has been that it's a bit more difficult to produce good feedback sustain. I suspect it's a combination of the speaker being lower to the ground and the unique directionality of PA speakers versus cabinets. This coincides with a discussion here: http://line6.com/support/topic/21957-amp-in-the-room-setting/page-3

That's what I would think as well. OP did say other guitarists in the audience also commented on it. Even if he went from Helix with a cab model direct to FOH, I'd be curious whether the live cab next to him on stage helped his performance. About the only drawback I've found with using a PA speaker has been that it's a bit more difficult to produce good feedback sustain. I suspect it's a combination of the speaker being lower to the ground and the unique directionality of PA speakers versus cabinets. This coincides with a discussion here: http://line6.com/support/topic/21957-amp-in-the-room-setting/page-3

I think the feedback sustain would be fine with FRFR as long as its loud enough at the point where the guitars pickups are located. That said, I haven't tried it, so yeah, that's an interesting question.

Wow... Tons of compliments from the band and from some guitarists in the audience.

Really felt/sounded like an amp on the stage!

What a great experience!

Wonderful!!!! And damn it too cause now I want one...

Depends on the Matrix cab design and whether it uses the Celestion coax speaker. However, the Matrix won't have the open/closed back option.

I ran direct to front of house and direct to the Xitone (actually fed the Xitone and used thru jack to feed FOH). The basic tone through JBL SR II FOH was about the same, but the Xitone was like having a real amp sound that filled the stage and out front well.

It's hard to describe... I've never been so in love with my digital modeler stage sound since I quit going through a tube power amp and guitar cab. It's so subtle, but very noticeable to me and other musicians.

It took me 10 weeks to get mine due a couple of unforseen circumstances. I would plan on 3-6 weeks depending on what Mick says.

• Upvote 1

[snip]

I ran direct to front of house and direct to the Xitone (actually fed the Xitone and used thru jack to feed FOH). The basic tone through JBL SR II FOH was about the same, but the Xitone was like having a real amp sound that filled the stage and out front well.

It's hard to describe... I've never been so in love with my digital modeler stage sound since I quit going through a tube power amp and guitar cab. It's so subtle, but very noticeable to me and other musicians.

[snip]

Now you just need to get a second Xitone Mbritt for stereo madness. I bet that would be out of this world!

• Upvote 1

Either that or wait for the 2x12... hehehe.  I like Stereo okay, but not really wanting to tote around two amps for most gigs.

I love this thing more and more every time I plug into it, though.   I run my Kemper through it, too, and it cranks the paint off the walls, too!

Don't have the F word stuff anymore, but I'm sure it would get along with them, too.

The in the band mix just solidified the greatness of this FRFR cab.  I've practiced with the band in open back mode and it sounded good, too.

Closed back was the gig.