Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V NO SOUND what so ever

rperez85

I bought my amp in january it broke in mid march and has been at the repair center since March 31st. I was told today that the part to fix it wont even be in stock until middle of May. is anyone else out there having the same NO SOUND problem? Before i sent it i performed a factory reset and re downloaded all new firmware. Needless to say this did not resolve the issue. They are replacing the main board, pre amp and power supply. So frustrating, it seems like they should just send me a new amp. Now i am worried about the amp dying again in 7 months when my warranty is out. 

• 1 month later...

Mine died yesterday. It only works in the headphones output. Am I missing something here? It is 2 weeks old

Does the screen no longer function as well? I would try to return to store or get in touch with support. 

The screen and everything else works perfectly. Theres is just no sound coming out of the speaker. Only the headphone output

Since the headphone jack has a switch that cuts of sound to the speaker, if you haven't tried it already, try inserting and removing the headphone plug in several times to see if it's just a sticky switch. Good luck!

Lipid, it's possible that the speaker died since everything else works.  Usually if an amp output shorts it will shut down the power supply, which we know works.  Also possible that the headphone jack is defective like gtrman100 mentioned.  No mention was made about which model.  I recently got the 60 which is working ok.

I am also affected. I have got my V 120 yesterday, set him up and all was fine so far. Then in the evening switched it on again, upated with FW 1.04.0 and then no signal from speaker nor headphone anymore, Only the drumloops work.

I have now contacted my dealer. The amp is very nice but this must not be the case that often :(

OK so quick update. Found out by line 6 it was the main board. I sense a recall in the spider 5's future. After my local repair center in Ft.Worth kept replacing parts, Willie-nilly. The only part left was the main board. Line 6 took care of me as soon as I called them to let them know what my repair center was doing. At my request Line 6 just went ahead and replaced my whole amp and renewed my warranty.I should have just sent it to CA to begin with.

OK so quick update. Found out by line 6 it was the main board. I sense a recall in the spider 5's future. After my local repair center in Ft.Worth kept replacing parts, Willie-nilly. The only part left was the main board. Line 6 took care of me as soon as I called them to let them know what my repair center was doing. At my request Line 6 just went ahead and replaced my whole amp and renewed my warranty.I should have just sent it to CA to begin with.

These units have warranty. That is a good thing. You want the amp to go during the warranty period. You want your tv or newer cars to fail in the warranty period. Odds are better to not have recurring problems once the repairs are made. Line 6 fixed my POD HD500 when it went out. Took shipping time, 3 days to fix and shipping return time. That piece runs solid. If they exchange your amp under warranty, that is awesome.

I think you can expect this for good customer relationship.

When getting a brand new exchange amp there must be a new valid warranty. Hopefully I will get my replacement of the Spider V 120 this week.

My German dealer promised a quick handling. Then I will try the update to 1.04 again directly via PC and not via Remote App.

I think you can expect this for good customer relationship.

When getting a brand new exchange amp there must be a new valid warranty. Hopefully I will get my replacement of the Spider V 120 this week.

My German dealer promised a quick handling. Then I will try the update to 1.04 again directly via PC and not via Remote App.

Yeah I'd go that direct USB route as well. Apps are based on ISP's and routers and other things. Using the app and cut outs you can live with, using that app to update firmware? That is asking for problems that are often hard for the mfg or service co to determine. They are not on your home network and associated equip.

I had a car that went just beyond the mfg warranty and then poof, problem with coolant sys and trannny cooling sys. I could only have wished that failed while in mfg warranty. 

My mother had a Westinghouse TV from Best Buy. Out of mfg warr, but in the extended warr she bought. Expired in Oct this year. Tv died recently. They couldn't fix it. Ext warranty gave her unit value plus taxes when she bought it initially. Was given full purchase price credit. She bought a much nicer TV for the same cost since LED Tv's came down drastically in the last 4 years. 

For sure, I have now ordered a Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus also for a better editing purpose with the Spider Remote App since Android Emulation is not really working with the Line6 Cloud Presets. Besides that this tablet is a nice alternative for a book reader though Lenovo is still withholding the Android 7 update for last year devices.

Ok, my exchange device arrived today with FW 1.02 out of the box. It works fine so far.

After update to FW 1.04 the same problem again, no sound from guitar and impossible to revserse that by factory reset,

It seems to be an irreversible problem within the update process, for me inacceptable for a modelling amp so that I will return it again and to look for an alternative.

Sad but true :(

Ok, my exchange device arrived today with FW 1.02 out of the box. It works fine so far.

After update to FW 1.04 the same problem again, no sound from guitar and impossible to revserse that by factory reset,

It seems to be an irreversible problem within the update process, for me inacceptable for a modelling amp so that I will return it again and to look for an alternative.

Sad but true :(

See if the Expression pedal settings set to 0 when you loaded the FW. If the drum and guitar loops work, it has to be something odd in the settings. Very odd that it happens on both units.

For sure, I have now ordered a Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus also for a better editing purpose with the Spider Remote App since Android Emulation is not really working with the Line6 Cloud Presets. Besides that this tablet is a nice alternative for a book reader though Lenovo is still withholding the Android 7 update for last year devices.

They are probably wanting to delay going to 7 due to so many app makers not updating their apps and reports of apps not working in 7. Give them time to catch up.

See if the Expression pedal settings set to 0 when you loaded the FW. If the drum and guitar loops work, it has to be something odd in the settings. Very odd that it happens on both units.

What settings do you mean explicitely? Only drum loops work, for guitar loops you have to have a sound which isn't the case after update

What settings do you mean explicitely? Only drum loops work, for guitar loops you have to have a sound which isn't the case after update

Sometimes the Expression VOL is assigned and that can mean no volume from the preset. My 240 I have to rock the pedal when I grab the G10 transmitter after it was in the front panel.

Most of the time when I have had modelers that go to no sound, I often check the expression pedal settings. Volume at 0 will create no output. Just something to check. Seems very weird you have 2 units doing the same thing after a firmware download. I used the Line 6 Updater with my computer to get 1.04 and it worked fine.

• Upvote 1

Good morning and thanks again for your feedback.

First of all - the amp now works again but only with the Updater under Mac OSX. I have downgraded to 1.01 and then it works. Also then upgrading to 1.04 keeps the input signal going :)

Therefore, it must be an update flaw with the Line 6 Updater 1.11 under Windows 10 :)) Yiehaa, what a workaround but I cn keep the nice amp !!!

Up to now I have no FBV pedal because I wnted to check out the Amp first. The expression pedal setting wer set to Min. 0% max. 100% - shouldn't be the problem, isn't it?

Good morning and thanks again for your feedback.

First of all - the amp now works again but only with the Updater under Mac OSX. I have downgraded to 1.01 and then it works. Also then upgrading to 1.04 keeps the input signal going :)

Therefore, it must be an update flaw with the Line 6 Updater 1.11 under Windows 10 :)) Yiehaa, what a workaround but I cn keep the nice amp !!!

Up to now I have no FBV pedal because I wnted to check out the Amp first. The expression pedal setting wer set to Min. 0% max. 100% - shouldn't be the problem, isn't it?

That exp pedal setting is fine. My amp is on 1.04. Haven't seen 1.11. I'm also updating on Win 10 laptop. 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I have the same problem I update my Spider V 240HC to the new one because of the hazard for the relay G10 after update stop working No sound. All the menu work but I have no sound I play my guitar with the G10 or Cable but still no sound even on demos I can't even tune the guitar 04/21/2021

• 5 months later...