Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

List of grievences with Amplifi and FBV3

Besides the lack of color customization with the FBV3...what else is 'challenging' or 'wrong' with it?

I saw one poster say the Tuner on it was absolutely terrible.

I also read that patch switching was slow?

I also read that FX/patches don't enable until switch release (instead of press)....

Is anyone happy with this thing? The reason I ask is because I just ordered one and I think I'm already regretting it. I am in the situation where I might just order the firehawk FX instead because its the amplifi 'brain' plus proper switching, etc. for way less money than the Amplifi and FBV3 together.

The patch switching has always been this way with any FBV pedals and Line 6 amps.   Basic OP-AMP design issue, change happens on release of square wave instead of the attack.

I never found the Spider IV tuner to be that useful, easier to use a pedal tuner or clip-on tuner.

The LED color thing on the FBV3 was a design feature for the Spider V amps, they hadn't thought of it when the Amplifi amps were released.

The LED color thing on the FBV3 was a design feature for the Spider V amps, they hadn't thought of it when the Amplifi amps were released.

With this in mind do you think they could update it to work with the amplifi in a firmware patch? Or is this a hardware limitation.

Yeah I emailed and they replied with "I don't think you will see us implement this any time soon". 

I returned the amplifi and got the Firehawk FX instead and picked up a really great condition Yorkville YK10P