Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Powering on Devices in a certain order?

I've had a Dream Rig consisting of a JTV-59, L3t, and a POD HD500 for about 2 years now. I've noticed that in the past 2 years I've had about maybe 2-3 instances where I would get either no sound from the JTV-59 or no response from the POD HD500 when I would change presets. Normally I would power the everything up in a certain order starting with the POD HD500, then the L3t, then I would connect the JTV-59. On occasion, I power up the L3t then the POD HD500 and then connect the JTV-59. I have the POD HD500 and the L3t connected via L6 link. I'm beginning to think that when I power up in a different order I get the issues I'm referring to. The latest issue occurred a couple of days ago when I connected the JTV-59 first to the POD HD500 then I powered on the POD, then I powered on the L3t. I didn't get any power to the JTV-59 at all when I did this. I had to shut everything down and power up the normal way I power up and everything was fine. Anyone experience anything like this? I also have the USB connected as well. Let me know if you guys can test this out if possible. I'd like to get some feedback.

maybe 2-3 instances where I would get either no sound from the JTV-59 or no response from the POD HD500 when I would change presets.

I'm using a DT25 not a FRFR. But I've had this occur before when I switch to patch and get nothing. Usually I switch to a different one and right back it comes in. Never did figured out what caused it, but it pretty rare to occur for me.  I connect everything (89f over VDI). > power up HD500x, wait a minute until it loads all the way > Power up DT25 wait for tubes to warm up and throw the standby.

I'm using a DT25 not a FRFR. But I've had this occur before when I switch to patch and get nothing. Usually I switch to a different one and right back it comes in. Never did figured out what caused it, but it pretty rare to occur for me. I connect everything (89f over VDI). > power up HD500x, wait a minute until it loads all the way > Power up DT25 wait for tubes to warm up and throw the standby.

UPDATE:

So yesterday at rehearsal I noticed something weird. I switched to one of my usual patches and used the Tuning knob which I have set up as a CAPO on the 3rd fret. Now normally the Tuning takes precedence and remains regardless of patch switching. In this case I left it on the CAPO 3rd Tuning and switched to another patch and this is when things got weird. I noticed the Model knob light turned off and the Tuning know wouldn't switch either. I still had guitar signal but it would cut in and out. I noticed that when I engaged the Model knob then the light would come on but it would engage the Model that the knob was set to instead of the Model assigned to the patch. Anyway I took it home and was able to generate the same issue. I ended up having to reassign the patch and it didn't do it anymore. Not sure if anyone has had a similar issue.