Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hardshell Case for Shuriken

bdood9

Anyone find a hardshell case for the Shuriken yet?  I know there's nothing built specifically for it at this point.  I see 3 or 4 baritone cases out there that look like they could work.  Anyone have any recommendations?  Thanks!

Anyone find a hardshell case for the Shuriken yet?  I know there's nothing built specifically for it at this point.  I see 3 or 4 baritone cases out there that look like they could work.  Anyone have any recommendations?  Thanks!

Maybe ask on the Shuriken guitars FaceBook page - surely if anyone'll know, it'll be Stevic himself - though I'm guessing, he's using a custom made flight case....

• 1 year later...

I have the SR 270, and haven't found a good case yet. I've asked the good people at Sweetwater to check out candidates for me (they will, if you tell ask specifically if the Shuriken fits a particular case) - so far, I haven't found a winner.

Short of buying (or building) a custom flight case, I think you're best served looking at bass cases - maybe take your axe into you local guitar super store and try some on. BC Rich has made some colossal guitars - I use one of their cases for my Variax acoustic (mine is still to short for the Shuriken) - but the BC Rich Beast is a HUGE guitar - maybe one of those cases would be a good candidate - those cases are 4 feet long. (As I write this, I'm away from my Shuriken and a tape measure, so I can't say for sure).

As I recall (and maybe I'm wrong, so don't quote me) - but I think Stevic had mentioned at some point using a custom flight case, as guys in internationally successfully bands have budgets for such things, and I'm sure his sees way more miles than mine does.

If you find a good answer, be sure to post it!

I haven't personally confirmed this, but someone on Amazon said this Coffin case fits the SR270:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FIS0DGY/?coliid=I38IVHLXMYVY65&colid=D6J4FGNHV8HY&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Also, from the Facebook Page:

"An update on the hard case question for the SR270. Here are two options shared by Shuriken users Martyn River Gap Heeks and Brandon Downs. The first image is a STAGG brand case (not sure on the model) and the second image is a GATOR branded case (with the extra room above the headstock) https://bit.ly/2J6cHIY. If anyone finds the GATOR model, I'll post it in this thread.

Someone said: Gator hard-shell wood case for Thunderbird bass

PG Muns Gruv Gear Sliver- fits just right

Hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Gator Case from Sweetwater. The size is right, but the guitar kind of slops around inside. I made forms and covered them in faux-fur. It's working great, although the guitar is upside down. That makes the handle in the wrong place for the case to be balanced properly while carrying. Not a big deal to me. I've brightened up this photo so you can see the details of the black guitar in a black case.

IMG_0058.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...