Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

selecting presets

ytakbob

i understand how to go into  preset mode for selection(on/off and tape simultaneously

than up or down.....

but.....

i thought i had read that there was a way of selcting your favorites.

Say i have a top 5 favorite patches

is it necessary to order them next to each other in order to quickly access them 1 to the other?

or is there a trick" a way of accessing ie. patch 1 3 5 9 and 12 ?

any other "navigation " tios would be appreciated

Thanks

Bob

• 4 months later...

Preset mode is the quickest way to access your favorite settings. You will have to organize the preset bank in order to quickly access the effects in the order you need. As OP asked "is there a trick" a way of accessing ie. patch 1 3 5 9 and 12 ?", I could see it being possible with midi. I have never attempted any midi madness with my M-series pedals so hopefully someone else will be able to chime in on that.

• 1 month later...

I will be receiving my Tech 21 MIDI Mouse this week to use with my M5, and will let you know . Looking at the you tube videos , its a simple connection with MIDI cable , and should give very quick access to any of your presets. I have never used MIDI before . ( I use the M5 on Bass by the way - find it brilliant for cutting through in a band situation - CHORUS , TUBE DRIVE , OCTAVE, FLANGE , TREMOLO and STRINGS - as I only use one effect at a time )

Pete

Just got back from a weekend away , plugged in my Tech 21 Midi Mouse and the M5 ............................

Works great , quickly scroll through my 6 pre sets , or jump from 1 to 6 .or 3 to1 , but then I realized no bypass straight thro ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Easily sorted ......made 1 an effect I dont use , and left it switched off , and moved my pre sets to 2, 3 , 4, 5, 6, 7.........now M5 bypass is 1 and the rest are my presets .