Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Time to improve Spider V reputation

Guest Luděk Kolenatý

Guest Luděk Kolenatý

I have much positive experience with Line 6. Their products I used to have spread from Pod, software based interfaces, Amplifi both floor effect, Amplifi TT and 100/75 combos, M13 multi effect, their looper (forgot the name). I am the gadget guy and love tweaking my own sounds. I chose Spider V60 to be able to solo over my attempts recorded via Digitech Trio, routed to Boss RC-202 both aloud or using headphones. Works perfectly. Firstly I erased all the presets and replaced them by my own which I use on my Amplifi TT. I must say that clean sounds it produces are excellent. I cannot generally judge high gain tones as I do not use them much but some of them I created for soloing are impressive to me. Two things I love on Spider V - wireless connection with Line 6 relay 10 and sound streaming into iOS via USB. I can use all the range of my software effects in iPad and record directly in Auria, Cubasis, GarageBand. Possibilities are almost endless. I do believe that future updates will deal with syncing of the rhythm section and time base fx which doesn't work automatically (nevertheless tempo tapping helps ). Looper is unusable without external pedal ( I do believe Line 6 FBV Express II works for the purpose though it is not obvious from the manual ). It could be also fine to be able to loop AUX in signal which doesn't work at the moment. Don't trust to those who say this products sucks. It really needs your attention to dial sounds you personally like. The app doesn't graphically appeal to me / the decision Line 6 chose in this aspect wasn't quite well.../ but tweaking tones via the app is a real joy.

I agree with you, I really enjoy my Spider V and I can some really good tone out of it. It's also super flexible and allows me to create some unique stuff. The app could be improved to allow control of all the features including the drum riffs, tuner and metronome, but overall it's a lot of fun.

I just added the FBV3 to my Spider V . The FBV3 is expensive but it seems well built and works very well with the V. My only grip is the control of the looper which would be easier to use if the function switch was at the bottom. It's not a big deal just a bit annoying.