Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2x12 Extension Cab For Mkii 212

Scaryfast

Has anybody found a 2x12 extension cabinet that really fits the Mkii 212 well?  I bought a Carvin 212 with their GT12 speakers in it and it sounds good, but it's just a bit narrower than the Mkii so it doesn't fit very well under the amp.  The rubber feet tend to fall off to one side or the other.  I looked at Avatar and they're wider, but it would be AWESOME if Line6 made one that was the same width AND had the recesses in the top for the casters so you wouldn't have to remove them to put them on top of an extension cabinet.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

My son has his MKII on top of a Marshall sealed 2x12 cab with Celestion G12T-75's in it. The MKII has an Eminence R,W&B that gives clear mids and highs while the 75s pump out the low THUMP! Great sound and the 1x12 combo fits perfectly on top.

cgtrox B)

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Avatar 212 (Vintage model with dual V30s) is great!  It has WAY more bass than I thought it would...actually too much.  I've had to dial the bass back on my tones when playing by itself.  It really fills out the tone nicely though with the 212 Spider Valve on top.  The combination of the open back 212 Spider Valve Mkii and the closed back Avatar 212 on the floor is really thick and crisp.  Great combination.  I was able to order it to match the Line 6 pretty closely.  Black tolex, black grill, and silver piping.

• Upvote 1