Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V + FBV3 Tuner

Guest greg

At a gig last night I first ran into major snafu. FBV3 tuner has no indication of Flat or Sharp I am aware of. It was so bad trying to set it mid song that my drummer just said grab another guitar! That sounds way off

Here where I thought I was in tune on a basic G standard note, It was flat t F#. Looked right on, but there is nothing that shows the tuner note to verify. Every tuner I have has something. This is just bad design. I spent almost 1000 on this rig and have many problems. Looper is almost impossible to use. Real bad switch location. I see many posts about FBV3 tuner problems from year ago. Line 6 may not care to fix it? My Spider App disconnected many times from my new ipad. Why is that. 

No manuals for app, no manual guide for FBV3? This is  crazy. If there is please set me links to fine them. $1000 is a big deal to spend on amps and option accessories. They should work and have manuals. How cheap are thing getting? I bought a $15 Snark today for next gig. I don't trust FBV3. $250 an tuner is worse I have seen.

I have a week left before return period is up. Might get a Katana and be done with this. 

Did you try updating the firmware on the fbv3? I'm running the latest firmware and I see notes and flats just fine on the left of the screen on the fbv3. I remember reading on TGP that someone else had this problem and it was solved by loading the firmware.

At a gig last night I first ran into major snafu. FBV3 tuner has no indication of Flat or Sharp I am aware of. It was so bad trying to set it mid song that my drummer just said grab another guitar! That sounds way off

Here where I thought I was in tune on a basic G standard note, It was flat t F#. Looked right on, but there is nothing that shows the tuner note to verify. Every tuner I have has something. This is just bad design. I spent almost 1000 on this rig and have many problems. Looper is almost impossible to use. Real bad switch location. I see many posts about FBV3 tuner problems from year ago. Line 6 may not care to fix it? My Spider App disconnected many times from my new ipad. Why is that. 

No manuals for app, no manual guide for FBV3? This is  crazy. If there is please set me links to fine them. $1000 is a big deal to spend on amps and option accessories. They should work and have manuals. How cheap are thing getting? I bought a $15 Snark today for next gig. I don't trust FBV3. $250 an tuner is worse I have seen.

I have a week left before return period is up. Might get a Katana and be done with this. 

The firmware update for the tuner fix should have been at the top of the FBV3 area and pinned. I would have pinned it here too since the problems are relative to Spider V. Good thing some have answered your question and hopefully solved the problem. Yes, the "Function" switch for the Looper is in a really bad spot. The Looper works good for me to jam at home, but for using Live?, the position is very awkward and unfriendly to larger feet. Use an external Carbon Copy or similar if need be. There is a FBV software tool, but I am not sure it will provide means to change switch options for Spider V control. I haven't tried it. It is at the FBV3 downloads section. Probably good idea to check the Line 6 updater too.

http://line6.com/software/index.html

There is no denying that Katana support in Both Community effort and Factory has been 1000x better than anything I have seen in Spider V or Firehawk combined (support at Ideascale is Nil in factory response, but is there to post ideas fwiw) .Spider V seems to be a amp you buy and it remains as is. A couple bug fixes maybe. Don't expect much more. I kind of had the same disappointment after spending $850 on the amp, wireless trans, and FBV3. If you want continued support then Helix has a better community. That is where Line 6 factory support seems to be greater as well. This forum isn't much, but there a few of us trying to help. It's about as active as BlackStar Amp ID forums.

Katana is a cool amp, but there are many things I feel overhyped by their following. Hidden amp models is one of them. Spider V is based on Amp and Cab models of branded type amps. Katana is not. Yes, the Spider V community and product support is a mere morsel compared to Boss Katana's. Katana has less, but has a more inspired group of community and factory persons wanting to improve upon it. Spider V is WYSIWYG, that includes the unit, the app, anything else. No manuals, no Win or Mac editors, and no expected add on's. 

• Downvote 1

Line6 should pin a FAQ thread at the top of this forum to cover this and other good pieces of information spread in many threads.

That would surely help many users.

I know my FBV3 was at 1.0 after I purchased it. I typically run updater to see if there are any, and there was. Even the updater was updated.  Updated the amp to 1.04 also when that was announced.