Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V 60 drivers for Windows XP?

Dylan93

Hi everyone,

So I feel like I'm in a bit of a pickle, and hopefully someone can help me out here. I just recently bought the Spider V 60, and I'm having trouble trying to record anything period.

So I'll start by saying, before I bought the amp I was unaware that the 30v and the 60v do not have XLR input/output ports, which doesnt quite make sense to me. I used to have the Spider IV 75 and it had input/output, so I don't understand why the newest model doesn't. It sucks because I was hoping to just run an XLR cable from the amp straight into my audio interface to record. I'm using an older M-Audio Fast-Track Pro as my interface, and the recording software I'm using is Adobe Audition 3.0. My operating system is still Windows XP (which all of this is basically prehistoric at this point, I know.)

There appear to be no drivers supported on Windows XP, due to it's age I assume. So I'm trying to figure out: How can I record in Adobe Audition 3.0, even though I'm having to run the amp via USB straight into the computer, yet without being plugged into my Audio Interface? I'm not sure if it's just some computer settings I'll have to tamper with, or if it's because I don't have the driver, or whatever the case. I know that I can download Cubase for free, but I'd rather not have to start from scratch (because I have a lot of mostly completed songs in Adobe already) or export wav. files from Cubase into Adobe and try to line everything up.

I plan to upgrade soon, but in the meantime I'd still like to work on my music. So is there anything I can do? Or am I just stuck until I can upgrade my operating system to Windows 10 in order to get the driver?

When I'm in Adobe Audition 3.0, I can open a new session, go to my Audio Hardware Setup, and Line 6 Spider V will appear as an option. Even though I don't have the driver, when I select it for my input/output, I get nothing on playback/record.

What do you think I should do? If there's any option at all? Please help! Thanks!

Short of hacking something I don't think you will get it to work. XP has not been offered  for 9 years and the support for it has been dead for 3 years now. You can try to download the some old drivers and see if you can get your computer to believe the Spider V is something else, but I don't think this is time well invested.

As a workaround you could try to feed the headphone jack output into a line in on the sound card your computer if if you have such an input. The level might needs some serious tweaking, but it might work.