Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELP! Is it midi bug or what?

cactusmaximus

The A,B,C,D switches can be used as midi controller In the POD HD 500x. It works all fine in the midi assign menu, BUT! After saving and exit from menu the HD 500 dont send midi signal. After enter to the assign menu again, the A, B, C ,D switches works. Its all works fine only when I see the midi assign menu on the LCD. Is there any option, what I dont know, or is it an error in my HD 500?

The A,B,C,D switches can be used as midi controller In the POD HD 500x. It works all fine in the midi assign menu, BUT! After saving and exit from menu the HD 500 dont send midi signal. After enter to the assign menu again, the A, B, C ,D switches works. Its all works fine only when I see the midi assign menu on the LCD. Is there any option, what I dont know, or is it an error in my HD 500?

That's how my HD500 works. Only when I'm in the MIDI menu.

Ok, but it doesnt have any sense. Why are there option for send customable midi signal by using FS5-8 if its dont work? I dont

understand.

They can switch midi controller and built in efects at same time by pressing A, B, C, D switches. How they do that?

good intuition Bill..

I guess that once out of the midi assign window, the footswitches 5 - 8 go back working as ABCD if that is the pedal mode chosen..

changing instead the pedal mode to FS 5-8, once out of the midi assign window, the above footswitches should still work as FS 5 - 8, ie the same values found in the midi assign window..

that could explain the issue and solution for the OP

Thanks Nico, I hope that is what was tripping the OP up. Midi is pretty straight forward once the initial "ah-ha" moment is achieved.

HD Edit is where you can assign multiple "assigns" to the footswitches. The video above has the VD Labs switcher receiving the CC from the HD which in turn switches the amp channel. As far as what you want I am sure it is doable (midi loop controller?).

Start small and work your way towards it as you learn the HD and its Manuals.

Edit: Ole fast fingers Nico!

• Upvote 1

Ok! That is the challange! But now I have to see that I need a real MIDI foot controller.

You have one its the HD500.

"This Appendix covers the MIDI features available for your POD® HD500 device. POD HD500 will respond to incoming MIDI messages for remote access of its assignable Footswitch & Pedal Controllers, and for loading Banks & Presets. POD HD500 also outputs Bank & Program Change messages when navigating Set Lists and Presets. POD HD500 additionally includes the ability to function as MIDI Controller device, with its footswitches and Expression Pedals capable of sending customized MIDI commands."

https://line6.com/data/6/0a06434dc1a55085c5d6532bf/application/pdf/POD%20HD500%20Advanced%20Guide%20v2.10%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

Appendix B

Please guys! I have the users manual. The question is: How they do that in the video? That HD 500 is in ABCD FS mode. Its sure, becouse other effects also changes. They press ABCD switces only, as you can see that. The MIDI signal is custom (not like the uneditable signal what HD 500 basically send in ABCD mode by pressing ABCD switches) ENGL Z11 midi switcher is not editable totally, so that is a mysteryous POD...

Now thats all converted to a "what happens in the video" quiz game

:-)

Yes its solved.

Hurghanico has right. I was focused on the POD and i dont noticed the tutorial part with programming. That midi switcher is similar to G-lab but not the same as I belived.... Ok, I have to learn english... And I need a MIDI foot controller. :-)

Thanks a lot