Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware 2.20 Issue/Question

riffster21

Hi guys,

I'm sure the answer is someone on this forum, but I can't find it; I updated my firmware to 2.20, but it did not install correctly. I would like to try and reinstall again, but when I run the updater it doesn't see my Helix? (Helix Floor if that matters). 

None of the new amps. effects or cabs show up. However, when I select a factory patch with the new amps/effects/etc... they play, but the blocks are empty in the effects chain?  :unsure:

Thanks

Hi guys,

I'm sure the answer is someone on this forum, but I can't find it; I updated my firmware to 2.20, but it did not install correctly. I would like to try and reinstall again, but when I run the updater it doesn't see my Helix? (Helix Floor if that matters). 

None of the new amps. effects or cabs show up. However, when I select a factory patch with the new amps/effects/etc... they play, but the blocks are empty in the effects chain?  :unsure:

Thanks

Have you tried using different USB ports? That would be my first suggestion... I would also try doing a reset - power off and hold down footswitches 9&10 while powering up.

I agree with the suggestion regarding different USB ports. Also make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest 2.20 "Helix" app which includes the latest Updater, Editor, and Windows driver if you are on Windows.  Hopefully the correct Editor version in combination with the right USB port will enable the Editor to see the Helix properly. Make sure to backup your presets and IRs before you run the FS 9&10 reset as this will clear your existing presets and IRs. 

...None of the new amps. effects or cabs show up. However, when I select a factory patch with the new amps/effects/etc... they play, but the blocks are empty in the effects chain?  :unsure:...

Is this in the editor? It sounds like what happens when you upgrade the firmware but you're using an old editor.

I was running an older version of the Editor. That's why I didn't see the new effects and amps. Installed the latest version and works like a charm. My mistake was assuming that the updater tracked the editor version along with the firmware and drivers. 

Sorry, I should have looped back around and answered this. Too busy have fun with Helix :D