Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Getting some super solid rock tones from the Helix...

GuitarjonSDS

Hey guys,

Just released this new Helix video.
I really wanted this to be a solid rock track with a few different types of tones.
I initially wanted to use a marshall amp model but I ended up using the Solo amp models exclusively for the guitars.
The midrange on those amps is just insane!
For the bass I used the Tuck n' Go amp with the Obsidian 7000 drive pedal.
After some tweaking with that pedal I found that for me it works best when the eq is set completely flat.

I'm using some very nice IR's from OwnHammer that are quite new and unique!
It's the MR82 which can be found here: http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=179
It's based on a Marshall 4x12 tall cab. 
Definitely check those out if you dig the tones.

Here is the song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sey4dPl_LU

• Upvote 2

I'm using some very nice IR's from OwnHammer that are quite new and unique!

It's the MR82 which can be found here: http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=179

It's based on a Marshall 4x12 tall cab. 

Definitely check those out if you dig the tones.

I haven't posted here in years, I just lurk, but you've brought me out of hiding with this post and video.

Those IRs are fantastic.  I recently purchased them because they are VERY similar to one of the user favorite IRs in the Axe-Fx which I use on 99% of my Axe patches.  For ~$12 it's hard to go wrong.  The mix cabs are where it's at.

This sounds great! Would you mind sharing those patches (or explaining what went into making them, other than the IRs)?

Indeed. I would love a deeper dive on the construction of the track. How many tracks? Did you double/triple track parts? Outside EQ?

Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

Thanks guys!

Maybe I can post the presets soon but getting those tones was really effortless to be honest.

Just start with a guitar with passive pickups like my schecter, load up the OwnHammer M75 OH1 quick start files, use the Solo models and you should get very far!

Sounds awesome, I see Ownhammer have a link to your track on there website, well done Sir!

I will be purchasing this pack when I get home from work.

Please could tell me what high and low cuts you applied on the IR and did you use 1 or 2 cabs/IR's

I haven't posted here in years, I just lurk, but you've brought me out of hiding with this post and video.

Those IRs are fantastic.  I recently purchased them because they are VERY similar to one of the user favorite IRs in the Axe-Fx which I use on 99% of my Axe patches.  For ~$12 it's hard to go wrong.  The mix cabs are where it's at.

Can you not purchase the checkerboard series (and some others) by itself? Thats just silly if thats the case. Why would you turn down money?