Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

lollipop!

KRTW

This is the second time...this time worse. All my custom presets and edits are gone, the factory defaults are damaged, and I have wasted another bunch of time, when I have lollipoping practice tonight.

This unit is NOT stable. This should not happen to a 2K device and I am officially PISSED OFF.

Editing copying and pasting presets into a user bank - that's it. Computer connected, everything going well, then all of a sudden my custom user bank USER1 looks just like factory 1 - and then factory 1 has no settings at all. I rebooted everything, a message comes up saying rebuilding presets and I am lollipoped.

I cannot afford to waste time like this, not on a unit that costs so much. I hesitated buying Line 6, and although the sounds are great, this lollipoping piece of lollipop is not stable. And I have to go to practice again not ready.

I backed up when I had 1 set done, and was just about finished my second set when this happened. Do you really have to back up every time you edit a preset? Bulllollipop!

I got one more hour before I leave and will fix what I can, but man, this is just a load of bulllollipop.

Are you using the editor when this happens? If so, what versions of the Helix firmware and editor are you using? You will see the firmware version listed in the top left area of the editor window. To determine the editor version you need to use the editor menus Help --> About Helix.

• Upvote 1

Oh man, that's just... just... Lollipop! 

This never happend to me, except freezing the Helix Editor on my PC once... Never got any of these problems of yours. I really don't know how to help you...

If I were you, I'd backup my unit, reinstall all my drivers and re-flash my Helix unit and reset my global settings... But I can't tell you if this will work...

That really is outrageous. I'd suggest contacting support and exchanging the unit. Not a criticism of you, at all, but I don't remember this happening to other people, so maybe there's something actually wrong with yours.

In a year and a half of owning my Helix and building/saving/restoring/copying presets almost every day, I've never had anything like this happen...in fact, I've never heard of anyone running into problems this extreme that I can remember.

If I were you I'd call the customer service number and go through all of the version information to ensure there's not any mismatch as Silverhead was alluding to.  If it's not that there's got to be something messed up with the unit or the USB connection.

I have just reinstalled the 2.20 update. Am about to do a global reset. That's done. Now to the computer. I have uninstalled everything, deleted the downloads, re-downloaded the drivers and software. Will reboot the computer, install the drivers, install the editor and every single thing has been refreshed.

Sitting here being frustrated I think this may be a hint as to what's happening. I have a laptop connected to the Helix with editor open. I then rapidly switch thru presets looking for the starting point for my songs - which I then copy and paste...but editor freezes if you switch presets to fast - and I think it is corrupting the presets doing this. Only thing I noticed that was happening other than the unit working correctly.

I have just reinstalled the 2.20 update.......

Just want to make sure..... you began with the editor package as per instructions, right? Make sure you don't just update the firmware using an older version of the Line 6 Updater program. You need to download and install the editor package first, including the latest driver and Line 6 Updater program.

Support has opened a ticket for this and contacted me without me initiating. Pretty impressive. I have no idea how or where lollipop came from and have to admit that even in my frustration, I thought it funny. After all - I was feeling a bit licked!