Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What is this secret menu? Where is it in the documentation?

xmacvicar

So apparently if you boot up the firehawk holding down A and C buttons you get some sort of secret menu? I looked into it and didn't understand what it was all for, and I think I made some mistakes/changes so I just did a factory reset. 

What is this mode? Is there any documentation for this?

Wow, I just found out this secret menu. I don't have a clue what it's for.. I think I accidentally changed some values, but I haven't connected it to my amp yet, as I've just upgraded to 1.30.

I figured it out. It's the menu that's used if a firmware update fails. The Firehawk then goes into 'emergency' mode, so to speak, and you're able to retry the firmware when in 'A+C'-mode.

So really, none of those parameters are meant to be adjusted in this mode? It seemed like you were able to scroll through them and make changes

Here's a quote from the Support Ticket I registered with them:

oschildt May 4, 01:10 AM Hi, when you hold A+C while powering up the Firehawk FX you will enter update mode. This is only needed when a previous update attempt failed, it has no other function. Please see the following knowledge base article: http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/effects-controllers/firehawk/firehawk-troubleshooting-r745 Best regards Olaf Schildt Technical Support Line 6 Support Europe

My first attempt at loading 1.30 did indeed fail, but it didn't render the unit unusable (display still read 1.20). I booted it in update mode and it installed perfectly the second time. I didn't have to do this last time, but it worked...