Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Easy access to back row buttons

suedehead99

In a recent thread I posted a link to an earlier thread about Barefoot buttons to allow easy access to the second row buttons (the stompbox switches).

Then I accidentally stumbled across another much cheaper product.  I found the Mooer button toppers at Stringsdirect.co.uk.  I ordered the white ones, hoping that they would be translucent and when they arrived, they were just what I was hoping for.

I appreciate that the Barefoot ones are probably way better engineered and have the benefit of the set screw to secure it (whereas the Mooer just click into place) but at £3.99 for the Mooer compared with £50 + import taxes for the Barefoot, it was a bit of a no-brainer.

A post like this is no good without pics, so see below for ambient light and dimmed light in a home setting...

WP_20170426_17_28_15_Rich_LI_zpsnbckp4hj

Comp, OD and Reverb on; Delay and Mod off -

WP_20170426_17_28_47_Rich_LI_zpszkwtp6qn

Same but darkened room -

WP_20170426_23_41_10_Rich_LI_zpsp8kvjv7w

Packaging for reference - 

WP_20170426_17_29_09_Rich_LI_zpslasy6ti2WP_20170426_17_29_22_Rich_LI_zpsflw2owzy

Thanks for reading!

• Upvote 1

Follow up to my last post, this bloke will post 10 to the US for £6.00 plus £2.00 international postage - 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pack-of-10-Mooer-Effects-Pedal-Stomp-Box-PEDAL-TOPPERS-Choice-of-10-Colours-/201846586752?var=&hash=item2efefe7d80:m:m3FHbwR9oQyhjfd-BXXppWg#shpCntId

Looks like white is out of stock but other sellers might post to the US.

Sold Out everywhere I can find them.

I need these, Lol.

If someone finds a link to the white ones, please post it up.

Thanks

Strings Direct have the white ones for £3.99 plus delivery...

http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/effects-c6/effects-accessories-c135/mooer-effects-pedals-footswitch-toppers-in-various-colours-pack-of-5-p11150

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay I know there is a critic in every group, but I got my Mooer toppers the other day and I have mixed feelings about them. Numero uno... they are not very aesthetically pleasing. They look like I stuck bottle tops on the buttons. They do in fact cheapen the look of the Firehawk. And they didn't have that tall ones so they only marginally improved being able to stomp them while not hitting the front switches. Numero dos.. While the leds glow through and are easy enough to see in the dark or indoors, if you are outdoors or in a bright location they are not so easy to see and sometimes block the glow or the leds altogether. So... they are okay for now after waiting three weeks to get them but I think I will pay the extra change and gets the barefoot buttons. They do work very well on my single switch effects and loopers. So.... not a waste of money, they just don't work so good for me.

• Upvote 1

If the way it looks is of most importance why not go down the route of changing the rear rubber feet for deeper ones? It works really well by changing the angle that the firehawk sits on the floor and it doesn't alter the look if it at all

• Upvote 1

My solution is rather simple, without adding anything on top of the existing back row buttons. I attached two metal U-channels underneath between Firehawk FX and the case, using two screw holes already drilled for the rubber foot of Firehawk.

It increases the slope angle and raised the backside about an inch. It is now much easier for me to access back row buttons without hitting the front ones.

post-1678492-0-44897700-1496324133_thumb.jpg
post-1678492-0-40293000-1496324165_thumb.jpg

post-1678492-0-44897700-1496324133_thumb.jpg

post-1678492-0-40293000-1496324165_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

My solution is rather simple, without adding anything on top of the existing back row buttons. I attached two metal U-channels underneath between Firehawk FX and the case, using two screw holes already drilled for the rubber foot of Firehawk.

It increases the slope angle and raised the backside about an inch. It is now much easier for me to access back row buttons without hitting the front ones.

Nice! I like the idea from lifting at the bottom, rather than adding bulk to the buttons on top.  I usually pull mine outside of a case so I was thinking of getting larger adhesive rubber feet/bumpers to get the angle I want.