Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Same Newbie user, different question

Mooseboy08

Thanks for the quick reply, and since I'm new to the Helix world, it's entirely possible that I'm not using the correct term. What I see on some of the Helix LT demo videos is that the LCD screen can be switched over so that it shows large colored rectangles corresponding to the footswitches, since it doesn't have scribble strips.

They can be seen easily in the opening thumbnail of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/zWMnHVsU2NU

Hey again, folks—

In using my new Helix, I found myself wondering if the Performance Mode (as on the LT) is available on the Helix.

tia.

There's no need for it on the regular Helix. Performance Mode was created because the LT doesn't have scribble strips. The scribble strips contain the same information.

Ah, got it now. I guess I need to learn some of the terminology concerning LT stuff. 

Oh man… you're light years ahead of me right now anyway!

And I did check the FAQ for the LT, and it really does seem to indicate the same thing that the other replies to this topic say; that is, the Performance Mode is only considered necessary on the LT because of the lack of the scribble strips.

For me, a man of, shall we say, "distinguished vintage", the Performance Mode display is very appealing (older eyes). Is there a "codger" emoticon on this forum?  :D

Thanks all, for the quick replies!