Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

v2.21 help

delacloche

Trying to download v2.21 but the download is all in text . I think this is because I recently downloaded a preset from a fellow Helix user who had posted it as a .text file. I cannot remember what actions I had to take to convert from text to data. All I remember it was a command on my desktop page. Help I'm dying to download the latest firmware.

Trying to download v2.21 but the download is all in text . I think this is because I recently downloaded a preset from a fellow Helix user who had posted it as a .text file. I cannot remember what actions I had to take to convert from text to data. All I remember it was a command on my desktop page. Help I'm dying to download the latest firmware.

I'm guessing that you simply downloaded the Firmware Update as a single file. If you did then that download should have appeared on your PC/Mac as a file named "Helix_FLOOR_v2_21_0_bundle.hxf".

I'm also further guessing that for some reason that file has been renamed with the file extension name "Helix_FLOOR_v2_21_0_bundle.hxf.txt" - If that is the case, then simply remove .txt from the file name.

If you read the Release Notes, especially the bit which says:

IMPORTANT! YOU *MUST* FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO INSTALL 2.21!

5. Using the latest Line 6 Updater (1.11), update Helix/Helix Rack to the newest firmware (2.21). At the end of the update process, Helix/Helix Rack will reboot automatically and begin rebuilding presets. Wait for this process to complete.

It's at this point that I feel I should point out that Digital Igloo did state:

- If a user fails to read and follow the update instructions, Helix will add nine additional steps to the update process, one of which involves a shot of cheap mezcal

Solution - Use the Line 6 Updater

Do not just download and run the latest Updater.

Download and install the latest editor package, which includes the editor, driver, and Updater. THEN run the Updater to install the firmware.

To get the editor package go to the Downloads section of this website. Select Helix in the middle (software) field, NOT the leftmost (Products) field. Leave the Products field blank (all Products). READ and FOLLOW the installation instructions.