Sign in to follow this  
stevepomplun

Helix 2.21

Anyone else having their Helix rebuilding presets almost every time they power the unit up ? Did not happen once on 2.20 version.

Mine did it twice now.  ...But not every time so far.  But I've got an eye on this too.

Update:  Mine did it A total of 2 times.  When I first Updated the firmware, and a second time when I powered it back on the next day.  Since then its been fine.  

Mine did it twice. I've had it on maybe 3 times since and it's back to normal.

Mine rarely has to rebuild the presets, I always save my presets two times mostly out of habit but I like saving presets with the amp model highlighted.                                                                    

Try pressin FS 10&11 while booting. Should upgrade existing presets to latest format.

Mine has updated twice every time I've updated it.  Once after the initial reboot, and then again when I reset the globals.

I have not noticed whether it is doing it in the 2.21 firmware but the rebuild messages on the older versions of the software would often appear on restart whenever you either copied a preset or loaded one from backups or CustomTone.

Mine has updated twice every time I've updated it.  Once after the initial reboot, and then again when I reset the globals.

That is normal. Immediately after the update, it rebuilds all 1024 preset slots. After that happens, you most likely import in all of your backups. Anytime you import presets, it will rebuild those preset slots upon reboot. ANYTIME you import ANY presets, it will rebuild those slots upon reboot. If you only import one preset, you may not notice the rebuild unless you are staring at the screen during the subsequent reboot.  

same here

Besides the 'normal' rebuilding after the update to 2.21, mine hasn't done that at all