Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Reordering Presets

Raykpt

I just purchased a Spider V 120. This is my first Line 6 and my first modeling amp so my questions will be pretty basic. Thanks in advance for your help.

Is there a way to reorder the amp/effects so that the most used can be grouped together to reduce the amount of scrolling?  

I have been playing through a Blackstar with basic overdrive and clean setting which are easy to switch back and forth with either the footswitch or the button on top of the amp.

You can reorder presets, but it does take some saving/overwriting to do so. There isn't a way to reorder the amps/effects as they appear on the menu. Amps and effects each have their own subcategory that does make finding what you need a lot easier. Just curious, are you using the amp or screen on the Spider V to get around the unit?

• Upvote 1

I have the Spider V 240 which I believe is very similar if not the same as the V120. My thoughts on this is that there are a few free/spare/blak User Preset locations where desired sounds/presets can be stored for a performance. This could include presets built from scratch or existing Line 6 presets which are saved into a bank for quick easy access within a song or set. But there are only a few blank presets for this (Bank 32 a,b,c,d) which I find limiting.

I have a feeling the cloud service may allow easy access to presets that are overwritten, and thus original presets can be restored in the future if they are overwritten with user presets.

Factory presets; http://line6.com/data/6/0a064389779e57f568ae9ac02/application/pdf/Spider%20V%20Factory%20Presets%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

Mark Hindmarsh has a good video on YouTube regarding saving presets.

• Upvote 1

You can reorder presets, but it does take some saving/overwriting to do so. There isn't a way to reorder the amps/effects as they appear on the menu. Amps and effects each have their own subcategory that does make finding what you need a lot easier. Just curious, are you using the amp or screen on the Spider V to get around the unit?

Using the screen to get around now. Still figuring everything out and getting comfortable. Thanks for your answer.

I have the Spider V 240 which I believe is very similar if not the same as the V120. My thoughts on this is that there are a few free/spare/blak User Preset locations where desired sounds/presets can be stored for a performance. This could include presets built from scratch or existing Line 6 presets which are saved into a bank for quick easy access within a song or set. But there are only a few blank presets for this (Bank 32 a,b,c,d) which I find limiting.

I have a feeling the cloud service may allow easy access to presets that are overwritten, and thus original presets can be restored in the future if they are overwritten with user presets.

Factory presets; http://line6.com/data/6/0a064389779e57f568ae9ac02/application/pdf/Spider%20V%20Factory%20Presets%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

Thank you!

Mark Hindmarsh has a good video on YouTube regarding saving presets. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1sU96g-BRw