Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

L3t Then L2t Now Lt1?

hopefully i'm opening a can of worms here. just bought my first l3t and while i was waiting on delivery i was surfing the web and came across a german site that it appeared had inadvertantly posted on their website a pinpoint presentation from a trade show- and down the bottom was -------Coming in 2014 the lt1. Appears to be the same as an l2t except it's only an 8" speaker and 650watts no other information about it but visually it seemed to have identical input/outputs and processing as an l2t. I do a lot of coffee house gigs and although i'm loving my l3t an lt1 would probably be far more suitable in terms of portability in many cases. does anyone know anything more about these or when they will be available or even better can some-one from line6 come clean. i reckon the cat's already out of the bag.

hopefully i'm opening a can of worms here. just bought my first l3t and while i was waiting on delivery i was surfing the web and came across a german site that it appeared had inadvertantly posted on their website a pinpoint presentation from a trade show- and down the bottom was -------Coming in 2014 the lt1. Appears to be the same as an l2t except it's only an 8" speaker and 650watts no other information about it but visually it seemed to have identical input/outputs and processing as an l2t. I do a lot of coffee house gigs and although i'm loving my l3t an lt1 would probably be far more suitable in terms of portability in many cases. does anyone know anything more about these or when they will be available or even better can some-one from line6 come clean. i reckon the cat's already out of the bag.

Hi Telf

I just bought L2t speaker, but I am still looking for the best setting with HD500X, what would you recommend plz?

your reply is very much appreciated

Thanks

i use my l3t as a full range pa for percussion, bass, vocals and guitar so always have it set to reference/pa mode. in theory you you should set your l2t to electric guitar mode and connect the hd5oox via the L6 link. but i would also try some other modes, especially pa mode. also try running the hd500x line outs directly into the l2t inputs and check out if it sounds any different to using the L6 link. there is no short-cut to finding the sound you want and only your ears can decide that. what is optimal for one can sound like cr--p to another and if you've ever done any recording you would realise how processing/effects can make guitars go from sounding ordanairy to great.also try different cabinet/amp settings in the hd500x as this can vary the sound quite markedly.the easy answer is there is no best setting 'coz if there was we'd all sound the same wouldn't we..............and we don't want that!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today I had a chance to unbox the Speaker L2t and test it with my HD500X

I have been using my Hd500x since  the day I received it. no problem except  some patches in Set List Bass/Acou/Voc not working due to the INPUT SOURCE set to Mic but that issue nearly solved. All I have to do is change the input source to Guitar instead of Mic

But Today when I tried to  test both  hd500x and Speaker L2t how they sound, plugged  the Speaker L2t to my Master plug 6 Socket Surge Protection Extension Lead. switch on the L2t all I heard is bang noise in the cabinet. not working.

The Speaker got delivered to me on the 18/9/2013.

Phoned the retail shop to report the issue, waiting for their call back as they have to speak to Line 6.

I will update you