Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How Can I Do Multi-track Recording With M20d?

I would like to record multiple separate tracks using my M20d, but I do not believe it can do that because it only has 2 outputs. So I have two questions:

1) Does anyone know of any additional equipment, e.g. PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL, that I can add to my system that will allow me to use the M20d features yet send their separate channel signals to this other equipment/software?

2) Is Line 6 likely to add a multi-track recording feature to their existing M20d model?

My current equipment includes two Bose L1 Model II systems, Line 6 StageScape M20d mixer, Sony laptop (with Win8, USB and FW inputs), and an iPad. I was thinking of trying to use a PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL and either PreSonus Studio One or ProTools DAW software.

My intent is to record live performances yet mix/adjust the signals after the performance to make a quality recording.

Thanks! "Northwest" Harry

Hi Harry,

The M20d does multitrack recording so you can mix the recording later with your computer. If you insert an SD card, go to the "Record" Page, select the recording path in the menu "select session" and press record all inputs are recorded as separate 24Bit/ 48kHz .wav files. You can select to record inputs and/ or the main mix.

• Upvote 1