Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

X3 Live: Disabling Pedal

JustinDrag

Hey guys. Had a few questions.

How can I disable the on-board volume pedal, so that I can use an Ernie Ball volume pedal? I'm trying something right now, but I don't have full precense, when I'm pedaling in. So I figure I have to disable the onboard pedal, and maybe that will fix my issue?

Would appreciate any help with this. Thanks

-Justin

If you're not using an external expression pedal, it can be a little tricky to actually disable the volume pedal. Under the setup menu for the expression pedals, you have three choices:

• 1-W/off 2-Vol – Pedal 1 controls Wah with the toe switch controlling Wah on/off. Pedal 2, if present, controls Volume.
  • 1-Twk 2-Vol – Pedal 1 controls whatever is assigned to Tweak in the lower half of the LCD display. Pedal 2, if present, controls Volume.
  • 1-Wah/Vol 2-Tweak – Pedal 1 controls Wah and Volume with the toe switch toggling between the two. Pedal 2, if present, controls whatever is assigned to Tweak.

If you choose the second option, it disables the onboard pedal as a volume pedal, but you also lose the wah functionality for the onboard pedal.

The other thing you could do is go into the volume pedal block in the tone and change the min and the max to both be 100%. That would functionally disable the pedal.

Btw, I don't understand what you mean when you say "I don't have full precense"... Are you saying you think the volume pedal effect is changing your tone in some way?

Presence*

Hey, thanks for your response.

What I currently have, is the volume pedal settings set both to 100%. This allows me to use the Ernie ball as the volume pedal. What I meant by not having full presence...

When I'm 20% volume with the pedal, the tone is extremely clean. Is has no distortion or effect whatsoever. If I go 100% volume, all my distortion and effects are present. So what I'm realizing, is that the volume pedal, the Ernie ball, is acting like a volume knob instead of just regulating how loud it is. It's taking away the effect of my Amp, distortion, and other effects. So I can't do swells and other low volume playing, because there are no effects. It's just a plain clean electric guitar. If I play at 100% volume, my effects are completely present and it sounds fine. But as I play quiter and quieter, there is less and less distortion, amp presence, etc.

Hope I explained it more clearly. It's quite frustrating.