Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix in Stereo not working

bond

HI Guys,

I just recently got a Helix and consequently a newbie. I made a preset with two signal chains in parallel panned left and right. I have my Helix connected to an audio interface (steinberg ur44) with two cables running from L and R outputs of the helix and then to the interface's 2 and 3 inputs. When I open the UR44 mixer I notice that only one channel is receiving an audio signal (channel 3) and the other one is dead silent. I swapped the cables to check if the problem was the cable but it turns out it wasn't. I also opened Sonar to check the mixer in there as well and got the same result. Finally, I connected my headphones to directly to the Helix and voila! there I can here the difference, true stereo! So, what am I doing wrong or missing? Why can't I hear my stereo preset on my computer?  Any suggestions, advice would be great!

Thanks,

Paul

Dead mixer channel? Try using a different input.

Do the mixer inputs have source switching (mic vs line)?

Try using the Helix's USB out to connect to the computer, bypassing the mixer completely. Better sound that way too.

Try using the Helix's USB out to connect to the computer, bypassing the mixer completely. Better sound that way too.

^This^

Helix is an interface, so you don't need an additional interface in between. Helix has 8 out/8 in via usb. 

I did have my left 1/4" go dead a bit ago. Right 1/4" and left XLR were still working. Had to go back to the factory.

Line 6 completely kicked a** on it though, as I testified in another thread.

• Upvote 1