Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware version 1.30 is out

oddbeck

You might wanna read up on it.

https://line6.com/software/index.html

Choose "Firehawk FX" under the 'All Products' list and press 'GO', and then you'll be able to get the update.

From website:

-------------------------------

Firehawk FX Flash Memory 1.30 is a free update that includes new fixes, stability improvements, and optimizations.

IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE INSTALLING ANY NEW SOFTWARE!

1. Shut down all Line 6 software as well as any software that streams audio, including, but not limited to: iTunes, Spotify, DAWs, etc.

2. Back up any presets using the Firehawk Remote App before performing the update.

Bug Fixes

Various bug fixes and improvements

Yes, I'm really looking for something like the snapshot feature to help with the patch latency.

It's not extremely bad, but there are certain times when I need to be able to switch patches and the latency makes a noticeable gap in the sound......

Yes, I'm really looking for something like the snapshot feature to help with the patch latency.

It's not extremely bad, but there are certain times when I need to be able to switch patches and the latency makes a noticeable gap in the sound......

As someone who is new to modelling, in general...how does snapshots work? What does that give you?

As someone who is new to modelling, in general...how does snapshots work? What does that give you?

Snapshots are like presets within a preset. On Helix you can use snapshots to turn things on/off as well as make parameter changes to your amp/effects, ex: snapshot 1 has delay on and reverb mix: 30%, amp drive: 60%, snapshot 2 has the delay off reverb mix: 40% and amp drive: 30%. This lets you change between different settings without the slight gap that occurs when changing presets. 

Snapshots are like presets within a preset. On Helix you can use snapshots to turn things on/off as well as make parameter changes to your amp/effects, ex: snapshot 1 has delay on and reverb mix: 30%, amp drive: 60%, snapshot 2 has the delay off reverb mix: 40% and amp drive: 30%. This lets you change between different settings without the slight gap that occurs when changing presets. 

That would be cool if it ever came to Firehawk FX! I remain hopefully the product isn't dead yet :D

That would be cool if it ever came to Firehawk FX! I remain hopefully the product isn't dead yet :D

It absolutely would! I know some users have felt like their voice isn't getting heard in relation to Firehawk but https://line6.ideascale.com/ still remains the best place to voice this stuff as product managers do check in on ideascale frequently. 

• Upvote 1

It absolutely would! I know some users have felt like their voice isn't getting heard in relation to Firehawk but https://line6.ideascale.com/ still remains the best place to voice this stuff as product managers do check in on ideascale frequently. 

Thanks alot ADBrown. I dont feel let down by the Firehawk FX at all; however, it was my first entry into modelling and when i just bought it last week I didn't even know that Helix was even a thing! I have spent just as much time reading up on Helix LT as I have spent time actually building presets for the Firehawk. That being said, if I ever get into a consistently gigging band again I will likely upgrade to Helix. For what I do now at home, firehawk FX more than covers it and gives me ample options. I think alot of us feel like its an amazing device and would love to see it move forward, even in light of Helix being around.

Thanks for your continued posts and help!

• Upvote 1

is there a list of fixes?  only a firmware file in the download.

I have all my presets backed up, but will it wipe them out?  I don't really care to update and re-patch everything if it's not worth it.

I am reporting you guys one fix/change that I have noticed since updating the firmware from 1.2 to 1.3.

I used to suffer from a slight volume drop after engaging the tuner using bluetooth app and disengaging it by pressing the same preset switch. For this reason, I always pressed other preset switch after tuning and back to the original one.

After updating to 1.3, the volume drop appears to be gone. However, I hear the same note for 0.5 second that I played during tuning after disengaging the tuner, even after muting the string or volume knob/pedal, especially with any stomp effect.

Test for yourself: play a note for tuning - mute the string with your palm - wait for one second to be dead-silent - disengage the tuner - hear back the note that I played for tuning!!!

OMG! It means that I shall be very careful not to create a noise to audience whenever tuning between songs.

After updating to 1.3, the volume drop appears to be gone. However, I hear the same note for 0.5 second that I played during tuning after disengaging the tuner, even after muting the string or volume knob/pedal, especially with any stomp effect.

Test for yourself: play a note for tuning - mute the string with your palm - wait for one second to be dead-silent - disengage the tuner - hear back the note that I played for tuning!!!

I love it.  A bug fix that creates bugs!

The vague statement that the patch fixes "various bugs and improvements" doesn't really help. Does anyone know what the actual fixes are?

None of the issues I experience have changed since updating to v1.30 e.g latency and explosive sound "artefacts" between changing patches. Could one of the Line 6 experts perhaps weigh in here and advise the forum what has changed?

Thanks.

The vague statement that the patch fixes "various bugs and improvements" doesn't really help. Does anyone know what the actual fixes are?

None of the issues I experience have changed since updating to v1.30 e.g latency and explosive sound "artefacts" between changing patches. Could one of the Line 6 experts perhaps weigh in here and advise the forum what has changed?

Thanks.

I emailed their support about this, wondering what was done differently?

Thanks for your support ticket inquiry. The release notes are posted along with the flash version download. It states that this update includes various new bug fixes, stability improvements, and optimizations in overall usage. There are no more details beyond this. Let me know if you have any further questions.
 Kind regards,
Jason-Line 6 support

Maybe there's an app update on the way and it's needed for that, I'm just working on the logic that you would need the firehawk updated first because if the app auto updated it could render it useless

The app was updated just a few days ago

I wasn't able to reproduce the tone ringing from when the tuner was enabled. I have my firehawk in 4cable method, and I was not able to reproduce. However I experienced something similar. If I rang a tone from the guitar and let it ring and enabled the tuner, then muted the guitar, and then disabled the tuner it would replay maybe 0.4 or 0.5 seconds of my tone even though the guitar was muted.

Has any one had issue with the Android app after the last firehawk firmware (1.30) update?  I started getting an invalid token, or expired token and have to login again after a bit. The Android app was last updated in Feb. and is currently at 1.30.2 ...talking about two versions here- the firmware of the firehawk AND the android app version.

I have cleared the app cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the app....BUT I have not yet had a chance to try it again...so hopefully, that will do it.

If the issue persists, I'll likely try a factory reset on the firehawk with the newer firmware (1.30) still installed. 

Also, I didn't notice it before, but I also didn't hit the pedals (ABCD) that quickly either....is the same lag you all are talking about when you hit a series of the bank buttons to quickly in succession? Like A, to C, to B or whatever but rapidly before the unit changes and it takes a bit to catch up.

I wouldn't normally stomp the buttons that quickly....my normal changes are fine for what I'm doing though.  I just didn't notice that before (and will likely not notice it again)...but thought I'd ask.

Edited by sainthooligan

Also, I didn't notice it before, but I also didn't hit the pedals (ABCD) that quickly either....is the same lag you all are talking about when you hit a series of the bank buttons to quickly in succession? Like A, to C, to B or whatever but rapidly before the unit changes and it takes a bit to catch up.

I wouldn't normally stomp the buttons that quickly....my normal changes are fine for what I'm doing though.  I just didn't notice that before (and will likely not notice it again)...but thought I'd ask.

Yes there is an audible gap when changing patches. Much greater than on older line 6 equipment and other brands as well. Ideally there should be no gap and also you should have the option for the effects of the first patch to trail into the second.

Yes there is an audible gap when changing patches. Much greater than on older line 6 equipment and other brands as well. Ideally there should be no gap and also you should have the option for the effects of the first patch to trail into the second.

I get there's a tiny gap between regular changes, I was aware of that and am OK with that part of it, at least for what I'm playing on stage at the moment. That's one gap/delay in switching I know was mentioned in the forum. This looks like the normal gap - not my video but shows it-- this is gap is not what I'm referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyD_34oxrCo

I'm talking about an actual long delay between multiple times when the firehawk doesn't seem to catch up.  When time permits, I'll post a video to clarify, as I don't want to confuse the two I'm referring about.

I'm thinking that the second one I was referring to - the super long delay/lag is what others were suggesting turning off bluetooth, though I don't concern myself too much with the long "catch up" switching....honestly, I don't think anyone changes that way because it the time on the particular patch isn't long enough to play anything...it's like literally hitting the button one after the other after the other. 

Overall it isn't a device killer, just curious in general about noticing it.

In regard to the small gap...I certainly agree- seamless changes would be fantastic for normal channel changes, that initial "small" gap between changes that was mentioned.

In my old GSP2101, there was a second PPC card (read as more memory/processing power) you could install in it (I had one) and it would allow for seamless changes where you literally could not tell you changed the channel as it would carry the tone out into the next- seriously awesome.

Edited by sainthooligan

I have on 2 different computers and still wont work..... Line 6 updater doesn't recognize any device, using windows 10 on both computers

Gotta ask- did you install (or try reinstalling) the drivers on your PC? http://line6.com/software/index.html  

When I tried the firmware update, I plugged straight in- not thinking I'd need the drivers (which I was under the impression they were just for ASIO/Recording)...the updater wouldn't recognize it... After installed the drivers- it showed up, no sweat. 

Just curious, but how did you try the update initially?

The only real change I've noticed is now my volume pedal remembers its position. It never did that before. When I would turn on the unit the volume would be full on everytime regardless of the fact heeled the pedal cutting the volume before I shut it down.

The other thing I noticed, and I dont know if it had anything to do with the update is my Android phone will now play gapless music even while the wifi and data connections are on. I still get gaps when trying to play music from my Kindle.

Now for the bad, I now have the audible lag when switching presets. I never had that before the update. I always considered myself lucky until now. It is very noticeable when switching from rhythm to lead. Almost like the sound it cut off while the button is pushed though its the same lag even when you hit the button fast.

Another thing I noticed was the tones were not the same in my opinion. Though it kept all my presets, I still had to go back and tweak them for tone and especially volume. I had an immediate cut in volume even though all of the volume controls on the unit and in the presets were the same.

And is it just me, because I haven't actually timed it but the looper though still way too short does feel a couple of seconds longer. Probably just me for Im too tire of fiddling with it today to test my theory.

All in all I would have rather they left it alone until they could do a real update with some real improvements. I love this unit and had never even considered the Helix. But I am feeling a little disenchanted at the moment and a lot underwhelmed.

And just to add a rant....... This is suppose to be a HD unit but has way more SD than HD and some of the SD actually sound better Just my opinion I know.

I have not noticed any change to my tones, but I hardly ever use the factory presets. Maybe you were experiencing "ear fatigue." I know things start sounding different to me after a few hours and may vary from day to day... and I don't usually practice at high volumes.

I don't typically play at high volumes but I definitively understand ear fatigue. My test were done over a couple of days and both days I started with a fresh set of ears. I have since got everything tweaked where I like it except for the volume. I hate having to use the volume pedal during a set. I like it all on or all off.

I run my master volume at 60% red led's

Mp3 balance at 50% white led's

And my amp models can be anywhere between 50%-100% pink led's

I find there can be a lot of difference in volume between amp models , eg: a fender twin at 50% is not as loud as a marshall on 50%

mcbedall you were totally right. I started going through my tones and adjusting the Amp volume. (The pink Leds) So that all of my tones are roughly the same volume. I did it with my volume pedal at about 60% so I still have some headroom to punch it up during a lead solo. It's a little harder to do with the really high gain stuff. But I'm working it out.

Yeah I had a bit of trial and error with it too, I started with my favourite tone which was a lead solo thing, I then made all my rhythm patches a little quieter but then I still had trouble getting my clean sounds loud enough so I had to use the compressor block on those to get them loud enough.

Basically louder always sounds better to me so I have to resist the urge to keep nudging up the volume on patches and let my powered speaker do the work , otherwise you end up running out of headroom.

I find I typically tend to put too much reverb on too, final tweaking for me is done at our rehearsal room which is a dead sounding room, when we gig the reverb sounds a bit too much because it's a livelier room, and reverb also robs your tones of perceived loudness

Just updated to v1.30 and have had a few crashes. When switching patches from the Andriod app, the Firehawk FX will just hang, and the left and right-most switches will have red rings around them. Have to reboot the thing and then reconnect the app.

This maybe happened once to me with the previous firmware, over the past 1.5 years, and three times in one week after the firmware update. Anyone else have this happen?

Is it safe to downgrade to v1.2?

• 9 months later...