Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Workbench Software for Variax 500

Hello,

I had an old Variax 500 that we converted to a Warmoth Strat body and neck. This setup will only work with the original Workbench software and I no longer have it.

I don't have the serial number from the original 500 so I cannot download it from the Line 6 download area.

Is there anyway I can get this software without having the original serial number from the Variax 500?

Thanks!

You do not need the serial # for the software DL. I never registered my V500 and DL'd it just fine, all you need to do is be a registered L6 Member - which you are as you posted here. :)

I don't have the serial number from the original 500 so I cannot download it from the Line 6 download area.

Is there anyway I can get this software without having the original serial number from the Variax 500?

Thanks!

You should be able to download it. What happens when you select Workbench (not Workbench HD) in the middle (software) field on the Downloads page?

You should be able to download it. What happens when you select Workbench (not Workbench HD) in the middle (software) field on the Downloads page?

With the help of a Reverb.com friend and some Variax Facebook group friends I was able to get the software and install it. All you have to do is select Variax 300/600 and then Windows 8. The mistake I was making was selecting Windows 10. The original Workbench works under Windows 10. 

• 2 months later...

how did you hook it up? and did you install workbench/drivers first?

Hi Guys, I just bought a used Variax 500 and hooked the guitar up to my Windows 7 computer.  It is not recognizing the guitar for some reason.  Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Guys.

I also own a Variax 500 but I am not able to install the old Variax Workbench (I am aware that the Workbench HD will not work with this Variax model). I get a "Variax Workbench can't be installed on this disk" while selecting a destination to install it.

I am running macOS Sierra 10.12.6. Is there a way to get this working for macOS or it will only keep working for Windows-based machines? 

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Guys.

I also own a Variax 500 but I am not able to install the old Variax Workbench (I am aware that the Workbench HD will not work with this Variax model). I get a "Variax Workbench can't be installed on this disk" while selecting a destination to install it.

I am running macOS Sierra 10.12.6. Is there a way to get this working for macOS or it will only keep working for Windows-based machines? 

Thanks.

I used the old Variax Workbench software on my Mac for years, was able to operate it as recently as 2014. You will just need a Mac or a bootable partition with OS X Mountain Lion.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used the old Variax Workbench software on my Mac for years, was able to operate it as recently as 2014. You will just need a Mac or a bootable partition with OS X Mountain Lion.

I'm running legacy WB on Yosemite but it needs some runtime "environment stuff" and never shuts down correctly.  Always must force quit but it will save everything so no real harm.  

• 2 months later...

I'm running legacy WB on Yosemite but it needs some runtime "environment stuff" and never shuts down correctly.  Always must force quit but it will save everything so no real harm.  

Again, you will just need a Mac or a bootable partition with OS X Mountain Lion. Not legacy.

Again, you will just need a Mac or a bootable partition with OS X Mountain Lion. Not legacy.

Perhaps I'm using terminology incorrectly but when I said "legacy WB" I meant non-HD WB. 

And I don't need to do anything with my current Yosemite Mac.  It's fine asis except non-HD WB must be force quit.  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, afonsooliveira said:

I have a similar problem. I own a Variax 300, but I can't download the Workbench. I am a Mac user, and either trying the options "Mac OS 9" or "Mac OS X", the response is "At this time, there is no software available that matches your selection". Am I doing something wrong?

Seemingly..

Starting from https://line6.com/software/index.html

Set:  Variax 300/600 | - All Software -  | Mac OS X

Click: [GO]

Scroll down to and click [GET DOWNLOAD] for: 

Variax Workbench

Version 1.75
Released 7/26/12