Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

External Expression pedal

xparot

Hello All,

I recently picked up an POD HD500X and the pedals do not appear to be set as the manual states. The on board pedal should be set to EXP1 and the external expression pedal, when connected, should be set to EXP2 but, while configuring my patches, it seems to be the exact opposite. To make matters worse, when I use the external pedal as a volume control, it doesn't seem to do anything. I know the pedal is recognized buy the HD500X because I can see the virtual knob moving in the POD HD500X Edit software when I push up and down on the pedal but, it has no effect on the audio. I have updated all the software with Line 6 monkey and everything is up to date as far as I can tell. I was hoping to use this at an upcoming gig. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I think I've figured it out or at least have a good work around. Each time I start a new patch, I unplug the external pedal and plug it back in. Then it works just fine. Not sure why I have to do that but, I'll take it.

• 8 months later...

I wouldn't think so either but, I'm just glad it works.

Sorry to drag up an old post, but I recently bought a 2nd expression pedal. and, I'm having exactly the same problem. Did you find out a more user friendly way, than unplugging and re-plugging the 2nd expression pedal? Prior to purchasing the pedal, I had all my patches set with exp2 = vol and exp1 = wah (or occasionally, another value adjustment), and I really don't wanna have to go through each and every damn patch, unplug, plug, unplug. plug..............................