Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fishman amp, Power Engine 60, helix connection question

3leggedbrain

Hi,

I am seeking guidance about a particular setup using my Helix, my Fishman Artist amp, and my Tech 21 Power Engine 60.

I'm happy with the Fishman sound with my acoustic guitar, but would like to utilize some of the effects from my helix. I would also like to run a microphone into the helix mic input and route that into my Power Engine 60. This would be for live performance.

Would it be best to plug my acoustic guitar into my Fishman Artist, then use the Fishman's FX send and return to interface with the helix?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am seeking guidance about a particular setup using my Helix, my Fishman Artist amp, and my Tech 21 Power Engine 60.

I'm happy with the Fishman sound with my acoustic guitar, but would like to utilize some of the effects from my helix. I would also like to run a microphone into the helix mic input and route that into my Power Engine 60. This would be for live performance.

Would it be best to plug my acoustic guitar into my Fishman Artist, then use the Fishman's FX send and return to interface with the helix?

Thanks!

Don't think you need the Artist's preamp at all, just think of it as an FRFR and use it like that.

The mic could be run on its own path and out one of the sends to the Power Engine and not be in the rest of your chains at all. Easy.

Thanks for the reply.

But if I do want to use the Artist's preamp for my acoustic guitar (in fact, that's all I will use in this particular singer-songwriter context), what is the simplest way to connect the cables? Would the 4CM even work if I need a separate path for the microphone?

Thanks for the reply.

But if I do want to use the Artist's preamp for my acoustic guitar (in fact, that's all I will use in this particular singer-songwriter context), what is the simplest way to connect the cables? Would the 4CM even work if I need a separate path for the microphone?

yes, but I bet some great parametric EQ, an acoustic guitar IR and some judicious LA Studio Comp in Helix will BLOW YOU AWAY! It's the best acoustic guitar preamp I've ever used.