Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

LT custom tones compatible with Helix?

delacloche

I am trying to download from Customtone the preset Blix- EJ. When the patch downloads to my laptop it is not showing as a Helix preset and I can't download it to my Helix editor as I normally do with other presets. Is this because its an LT preset and not a Helix preset?

No - Helix LT and regular Helix presets are fully compatible. There must be some other reason. What is the filetype of the file you downloaded? If it's not *.hlx rename it.

I just had a quick look at the Helix LT patch that is mentioned above. For some odd reason the file is not .hlx but the extender is .l6t which is the old POD naming convention. I'm not in the studio at the moment so I'm not able to check if it loads after renaming. Would it be possible for you to check it out, as the LT patches are starting to roll in on CustomTone. Also noticed the file icons are unusual, maybe a work in progress. TIA.

I renamed the file .hlx suffix and this seemed to change it to a Helix preset which I then successfully imported to my Helix. I'm wondering if all other LT patches on Customtone are going to require this procedure?

Thanks for checking that out and the feedback. I went through a random selection of LT created tones that have been recently uploaded, they all show the same renaming anomaly? It obviously needs more investigation as to how it occurs, could possibly do with some Line 6 tech having a look? It seems to be a minor bug that should be easily fixed.

Glad you got it fixed.