Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Which generation?

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/legacy-products/amps/flextone-i-ii-iii-duoverb-hd147/flextone-ii-faqs-r460

Let's see: Flextone II = 2nd gen Flextone.

You can check the firmware version on startup - the link above has it and its in the manual. Blinking lights.

Serial # deciphering is pretty elusive and might get you the year.

BTW your other post regarding the Floorboard - if this is the floorboard (old red led two exp pedals) there is no point in registering it and I don't think you can. Its been out of production for a very long time.

Not what I was told Billbee. A support rep said there are different generation levels in a model build. I am aware flextone ii is the second version flextone. Support indicated a long board may not work with my amp if it's a second generation flextone ii. This is the same person who said any pedalboard would work with it.

Not what I was told Billbee. A support rep said there are different generation levels in a model build. I am aware flextone ii is the second version flextone. Support indicated a long board may not work with my amp if it's a second generation flextone ii. This is the same person who said any pedalboard would work with it.

I think that its the terminology that is screwing things up. There "IS" a FBV longboard - 2 exp pedals full back lit display that will not work and you really shouldn't plug it in if that is the one you have (flex III, Vetta). Then there is the Floorboad with the red digit display (only gives patch #) which is Flex II approved.  The floorboard is the one I use with a Flex II XL and a Flex II Plus.

2nd gen Flextone 2 is not something I have came across as even the Flex I used the "floorboard".

On the other hand the Pod's original did have a controller switch over when the Pod 2.0 came out.

The Flex III (3) I have uses a FBV shortboard but the FBV longboard can also be used.

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/effects-controllers/fbv-mki-mkii-controllers/the-complete-line-6-pedal-compatibility-faq-r58

No wonder you got confused.

I'm not confused as much as line 6 has incompetent help. I have a flextone ii ultra and a floorboard. It ain't working and I can't get the advice I need to resolve it.

Never heard of the Ultra model but it's all good. What is not working the Amp, floorboard or the 2 together?

The display readout says "E1" after a master reset of my amp. When I hit the save button on my amp, the readout said "5-1" for a few seconds and then went back to E1. I'm beginning to think I have an amp malfunction

If it is flashing the error code E1 without the floorboard connected and

Q: How do I perform a factory reset on my Flextone II?

A: The factory reset for a Flextone II is to hold the A B C D Buttons while powering the amp.

doesn't help then there is most likely an amp issue that needs to be serviced (if it can). If amp was only doing that while the floorboard was connected and I would suggest a different cat5 cable then check the ports on both for bent pins.

I know this will not be much solace but I hope the FX loop still will work so you can use it like a power amp if you happen to have another modeler.

Ok. It was not flashing. It was steady. And the floorboard WAS connected to the amp. Try to actually read what is written. It helps clarify. This is the kind of help I've been getting from line 6. Not much help, is it?

Ok. It was not flashing. It was steady. And the floorboard WAS connected to the amp. Try to actually read what is written. It helps clarify. This is the kind of help I've been getting from line 6. Not much help, is it?

Flashing or not the E1 = bad news.

Does the error code happen "without" the floorboard connected? If no its the floorboard or cable, so connect them with a different Cat5 cable, Still bad? then its probably cheaper to find another used floorboard.

If you get E1 on the amp without the floorboard connected,  then try the amp reset procedure and hope.

Well thanks for that eye opener, Billbee. Are you a paid "tech" or do you do this pro-form?

Hey I have an idea here. I was just checking out my Flex II for someone to borrow and I started wondering about the E 1 - that is also an "edit" indicator. This is mere speculation but there is a battery on the mobo which is used to save the edited presets when the unit is shut off. With the age of the amp it "could" be time to replace it - but if editing the amp without the floorboard is fine and saves everything then the battery is good. It does involve a bit of soldering skill. If you want to go into that rabbit hole on a guess let me know and when I get back here on Monday I'll see what better info I can post.