Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Floorboard may be bootleg

My floorboard has a serial number that apparently isn't acceptable in the product registration format. Should be seventeen digits long and instead is more like nine. Anybody else having issue with this? I bought mine from a resale place in Houston. Line 6 support have been feeding me erroneous information and I need real help with this question.

The erroneous info was that of the pedalboard controlling my flextone. First I was told any would work then I was told only two would do it. When I told her I had the floorboard, she said it wouldn't work. Hahahhaha

The erroneous info was that of the pedalboard controlling my flextone. First I was told any would work then I was told only two would do it. When I told her I had the floorboard, she said it wouldn't work. Hahahhaha

Ahhh... well if you have the Flex 2 then the Red Led - 2 exp pedal (old Floorboard - not FBV) is the one.

FYI Midi: https://line6.com/data/6/0a060b316ac34f0593513bc6a/application/pdf/Flextone%20II%20Sysex.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Well line 6 told me that it is a genuine product of line 6. They also confirmed that the format of the registration will not allow the serial number to be input. That doesn't matter as they no longer support this product anyway.

Floorboard.jpg

That is the floorboard for the Flex II. Serial number aside (which as stated is pretty pointless) does it work with Your Flex II? Y/N

No? Try a different cable, check for bent pins in the ports (amp's port too).

Any sign of life? Y/N

Yes? What?

No? Open it up and check any ribbon cable seatings.

Try again.

You can always buy another one used or try to use a regular midi controller.