Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

We need an Angry Charlie model

GazzaBloom

A MIAB pedal is needed in The Helix, a JHS Angry Charlie gets my vote.

Let's be having' you!

Please take great care when mentioning the MIAB tone on this forum (and many others) - for that way lays madness. Be ready for the sh!t storm you are about to unleash my friend. Unless you are "itsslash", "guitar player" or whatever, then you should know better by now.

P.S. Are you confusing Andy Timmons with Andy Summers, because that's just plain weird!

Let's be having you.

• Upvote 1

Please take great care when mentioning the MIAB tone on this forum (and many others) - for that way lays madness. Be ready for the sh!t storm you are about to unleash my friend. Unless you are "itsslash", "guitar player" or whatever, then you should know better by now.

P.S. Are you confusing Andy Timmons with Andy Summers, because that's just plain weird!

Let's be having you.

I haven't got a clue what you're on about. Oh and I'm not your friend.

Marshall In A Box pedal like the Angry Charlie (there are many others but my favourite is the JHS Angry Charlie)

This forum is strange.

I haven't got a clue what you're on about. Oh and I'm not your friend.

Marshall In A Box pedal like the Angry Charlie (there are many others but my favourite is the JHS Angry Charlie)

This forum is strange.

Apologies for the misunderstanding there, but you were not to know that mention of the MIAB tone on here is a bit of an old joke.

See this for a brief background on the subject:

http://line6.com/support/topic/25846-i-bet-you-cannot-get-this-tone/

Once again, one of my comments, which was meant to have a hint of humour, missed the mark.

No harm meant.

I use the pre amps as stomps, or miab. Try the Brit 2204 pre amp model and assign it to a foot switch.

I have a mxr 5150 drive I was using in front of my Kemper on clean profiles. But I've tried using the helix pre models in the same way with great success and lots of extra room to tweak.

Chairs!

Ah! I had an acronym conflict that made this thread very confusing initially. Like Datacommando, MIAB made me think Message In A Bottle, by the police. Which made zero sense as the Angry Charlie is a high gain pedal. It finaly dawned on me that MIAB is also Marshall In A Box. That said, the Helix 2204 is a model of JCM-800, which is what the Angry Charlie is voiced after, so I should think it would get you pretty close to where you want to be.

Come on guys, I'm the brave knight who fought off that troll and I know what a MIAB pedal is!

My day is made!

Indeed you did Sir, and it was a job well done, but when I saw that acronym my blood boiled!

Seems I was thrown off track, cos I know damn well what a "Marshall In A Box" is, so if we can all please, just regard it as a rant from a drunken heckler at the back of the room. Thank you.

And as Verne, so kindly points out - the JCM-800 is already in the Helix box.

Glad it made your day - yippee ki-yay!

OK thanks. I will try the pre-amps. Also going to have a play with the KWB model, not tried it before and while it may help get me closer to the sound I'm after.

As for Message In A Bottle, in my opinion we need a model of a (no-deluxe) Electric Mistress for that.

• Upvote 1