Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

The HD Pro or the Boss GT-001?

357mag

I'm curious if anyone here has any first hand experience with one of these Boss emulators? I would like to try that GT-001 or whatever the model number is. I like the small footprint and the fact that it doesn't have an expression pedal which I don't need.

The interface looks fairly pleasing and the price is only $299.00.

Was wondering which company has the edge in terms of amp modeling and sounds?

I'm curious if anyone here has any first hand experience with one of these Boss emulators? I would like to try that GT-001 or whatever the model number is. I like the small footprint and the fact that it doesn't have an expression pedal which I don't need.

The interface looks fairly pleasing and the price is only $299.00.

Was wondering which company has the edge in terms of amp modeling and sounds?

In the sub-1000 range, Line 6, for sure.

Owned the GT-001 for a week, being long term HD500 user. The Boss amps were way worse.

Not a bad price but not good either when you consider the COSM technology they use is older then the HD modeling tech. When I first started looking at getting a modeler 5 years ago, my first thought was to go with a big name pedal manufacturer but after trialing one out and then the HD on the same day the HD was just better and I got it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the hd500 and the gt001, I think the gt has better clean tones and the hd better crunch (low gain to breakup). They both are similar in the high gain dept, to each there own. I don't have the hd model packs so not sure about those. I also like the gt001 for bass over the hd. Just my 2 cents.

I have the hd500 and the gt001, I think the gt has better clean tones and the hd better crunch (low gain to breakup). They both are similar in the high gain dept, to each there own. I don't have the hd model packs so not sure about those. I also like the gt001 for bass over the hd. Just my 2 cents.

Get the vintage pack, try the JC-120, then compare cleans.

Until the JC-120 arrival there wasn't a completely clean amp on the HD500.

The same goes for bass amps. The Gallien Krueger on the HD bass pack is amazing.

I tried to like the BOSS workflow for ~5 yrs or so but never got the hang of it. It had a ton of flexibility and the ability to tweak a ton of options, but each time I got it out it felt like I had to learn it all over again. The HD500 is much more fluid and intuitive for me. So I use it more. And therefor I learn it better and can get better tones out of it. It doesn't have as many options to tweak, so I'm not distracted trying to do so (no more thinking "maybe if I go over here and tweak that then I can get just a little more tone out of it"). But the Line 6 has enough options for me. Very happy I sold the Boss unit for this,