Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Relay G55 Wireless Unit sound cuts out

Hello all,

I am having major issues with my Line 6 Relay G55 unit during live performances. On multiple occasions throughout my set (usually anything upwards from 2 hours) I will lose sound from my guitar completely for what is probably a split second (but feels like an hour when I am mid solo). It just cuts out. I have tried different cables from the Transmitter to my guitar and this makes no difference at all. 

My transmitter is always in my back pocket and I never have a mobile phone anywhere near me onstage. The receiver is usually at my feet by my pedal board (this is the third pedal board I have used with the G55 and the same problem occurs regardless of which one I am using) and I am never really too far away from it... 10 feet is probably the maximum I am likely to move away from it.

Someone once told me the problem could be with the TBP12 Transmitter... something to do with certain batteries not fitting in it correctly and wobbling about to cause a momentary loss of signal. If this is the case, what batteries am I supposed to use or how do I get around this?

I gig for a living and this issue is something I need to resolve asap. Many thanks to anyone that can help.

Not sure if this is relevant or not... but I am from the UK if that helps in identifying battery or power issues.

Thank you,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I use the G55 with my guitar and bass and I'm having that same problem intermittently with the cut outs.

The newest thing I'm experiencing starting two weeks ago is if I sustain a note on my bass, as the note dies the signal will distort.  Has anyone experienced that?