Sign in to follow this  
NinoXHD

Random White Noise?

I have the Line 6 UX2 and AT2035 microphone. I heard some ambient noise pouring into the mic. I decided to take off my noise gate and global gate to simply hear what the noise was. I have attached 2 sound clips of the background audio. I'm not exactly sure where it is coming from because my room is generally quiet. I don't hear anything remotely like it when I have my headphones off. I have changed my usb cable and xlr cables a few times so I'm fairly sure it's not due to faulty cables. Any help is appreciated.

Sound Clip 2.mp3

Sound Clip.mp3

Hi, I am not sure what the noise could be but wondereed if the noise ever goes or changes? I have trouble with my mic and have thought it was moisture getting into it. If I warm the mic it can change it, but I am now suspecting there might be a problem with the phantom power of my ux2. My noise is a bit different and can 'sweep' off - if that makes sense.

Just a note - I couldn't download sound clip2.mp3, - is it similar to the other clip?

David

If anyone can work out if these examples are mic humidity problems or if they sound ux2 problem I'd appreciate it.  I will maybe get some longer samples when I can find some old recordings with the problem. Some times its the bassy noises etc. but this recording here is just the whisshh sound. I have tested to make sure that the mic does indeed record silently at times and it does. Its just that most of the time I have this problem coming and going during a session.

Example 1 is an amplified version - exactly the same recording as example 2:

high example 1 amplified.wavhigh example 1 cut.wav

If anyone can work out if these examples are mic humidity problems or if they sound ux2 problem I'd appreciate it.  I will maybe get some longer samples when I can find some old recordings with the problem. Some times its the bassy noises etc. but this recording here is just the whisshh sound. I have tested to make sure that the mic does indeed record silently at times and it does. Its just that most of the time I have this problem coming and going during a session.

Example 1 is an amplified version - exactly the same recording as example 2:

attachicon.gifhigh example 1 amplified.wavattachicon.gifhigh example 1 cut.wav

Sorry I haven't had the chance to view replies but it does sound similar to the problem I'm having. 

Hello! I see this is quite the old thread. 

I actually have the exact same issue. I opened a thread with a video showing the issue awhile back: 

If you can, send me whatever preset you have made in your PodFarm settings. Kinda late here but unable to sleep.

Gonna hook up the UX1 I have and see what I can do about it.

-Madison

Hi all,  Just to let you know that I tried my mic again and tried warming it and the sound did go away, so it was the moisture/moisture dirt situation.

Madison, I'm still not sure waht the problem you are having would be. I know it's annoying when you want to record and you can't get rid of a noise.

God Bless,

David