Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PRS Tremonti - Shuriken Variax settings please

Phil_B

Hey All,

Just bought my first Variax (Shuriken) to use with my Helix in my band Stormbird. We do Alter Bridge esque stuff and I'm trying to figure out the best workbench model settings to use to replicate my PRS SC250 with PRS Dragon 2 pickups. Its basically the same tone as the PRS Tremonti signature model.

Thinking that neutral body or Les Paul body with Les Paul pickups is the way to go but wanted to see if anyone has a good recipe I can use.

Thanks in advance!

Phil.

Hey All,

Just bought my first Variax (Shuriken) to use with my Helix in my band Stormbird. We do Alter Bridge esque stuff and I'm trying to figure out the best workbench model settings to use to replicate my PRS SC250 with PRS Dragon 2 pickups. Its basically the same tone as the PRS Tremonti signature model.

Thinking that neutral body or Les Paul body with Les Paul pickups is the way to go but wanted to see if anyone has a good recipe I can use.

Thanks in advance!

Phil.

I'm guessing it's probably more to do with amp/fx choice than guitar..... Though, there will be info on getting close to the mag pickups onboard the JTV89, in the JTV forums, so maybe check that out for starters....

It's gonna be trial and error...modeling is a strange world, and sometimes settings that don't necessarily "make sense" for the sound you're after end up being your favorites. As for Tremonti specifically, I wouldn't say there's anything particularly unique about his tone...Any humbucker equipped guitar with a liberal dose of gain should get you there, and there are several models in there that fit that description.

• 1 month later...

P.S. Guys, sorry for the late reply.

I found a combination of the Lester Bridge with the special bird body got me pretty darn close to my PRS tone.

Just gotta try it at volume now...

Thanks for your help