Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 30 questions

Anteater74

FYI: you posted in the non-speaker variant section (the TT (table top) or FX floorboard subforum) - but to clarify things a lot more:
Why do you want the Amplifi 30 if you already got a helix that has superior functionality in terms of modeling? Just to have a speaker?

Why not hook up to a home stereo? Why not a powerstage and a PA/frfr-speaker (or active speaker for that matter) or a classic guitar cab?

I mean owning a helix and then going through the smallest amplifi sounds a little pointless to me, only satisfying the play-in-your-livingroom szenario (where you likely could just hook it up to your home stereo) - so I kind of expected combination with a gigable version, something that can compete with a drummer/other bandmembers.

So it is not really a question whether you can hook up the helix to the Amplifi (yes you can, you could either hook it up via the Aux In as mentioned for using it as a mere speaker, or use the guitar input in combination with the fx-loop out on the helix if you want to add some additional processing in the amplifi). The question is: does that make sense for whatever is your end-goal?