Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix with Amplifi 30?

Anteater74

You can plug Helix into the front end of any guitar amp. Some other users here may be able to give their opinions if they have done it  and liked it. If you already have a Helix, take it down to your local store to try it on an Amplifi to see if you like it. 

I am not sure what you are wanting to use your iPod 6 for in this case. 

Thanks. I don't have a guitar shop nearby.

I mainly want an all rounder for the home. .something to amplify my helix through and also stream music to ut...hence the ipod.i just want to see if anyone else has done this and if it sounded good

Thanks. I don't have a guitar shop nearby.

I mainly want an all rounder for the home. .something to amplify my helix through and also stream music to ut...hence the ipod.i just want to see if anyone else has done this and if it sounded good

Ah, got it. 

The size of the speakers on the Amplifi will be somewhat limiting depending on your needs. It also has built in modeling, which is redundant. You wouldn't be able to get the most out of your Helix going through the Amplifi 30 system. 

I use a couple of 10" powered PA speakers at home, and stream music from my iPhone through the Helix USB connection (not sure if iPod can connect to Helix). I can play those at very low volumes if needed, as well as shake the windows. I build my patches at "gig level" with them, practice along with streaming music with them, and just listen to music on them sometimes. I don't know if that solution is right for your needs though. 

Can the combo be made to work? Yes... but these are two very different devices that were not designed to be paired. If its strictly for home use, you'll be a whole lot happier (and probably spend less money) with a decent pair of studio monitors along with whatever computer you've got, especially if the goal is playing along with songs. You'll get stereo separation, and won't have to rely on a Bluetooth connection for streaming tunes from an iPod.

I use my Helix with an Amplifi 75 going into the AUX input.  Not a lot of head room or volume (never was loud enough in a live environment) but good for practicing at home and getting a stereo output.  cruisinon2's suggestion is well worth consdiering.

Yeah...on second thoughts I'm going to get a couple of decent studio monitors.

JBL LSR305's are quite nice, and have a small footprint if space is a consideration. They're powered, and have pretty good bass response given their size (5" cones). You won't be able to rattle the windows in the next zip code, but that's really not the point anyway... there are other tools for that. Usually somewhere between $250-$300 for the pair, though they are sold individually,don't ask me why...no idea what you'd do with just one.