Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD Farm 2.5 to POD Farm Platinum 2.5 Upgrade

Hi,

I have a question. I have standard Pod Studio GX with out-of the box vesrtion of Pod farm. I would like to update all model packs from line6 store. But I saw that there is a possibility to update to Pod farm platinium http://store.line6.com/software/pod-farm-2-standard-platinum-upgrade.html

On this site is written:

"This upgrade will add the below model packs to your user account. Run the License Manager program to authorize them for use with your existing POD Farm 2 license. This upgrade does not grant hardware independence to the POD Farm license that comes with POD Studio devices"

So, as I understood this version will be work only with my Pod studiu GX, but, if for example the device will be broken, and I buy another pod studuio GX, Platinium version will be locked?

P.S. Sorry form my pooor English;) 

Your Pod Farm Platinum would continue to work with any replacement Pod Studio device. If you need to replace the Studio GX you could purchase a new Studio GX (or UX1, UX2) and your PF Platinum license would still be valid as long as any Pod Studio device is connected to your computer. It will not be locked.

Than You for answer:) So in my situation there is no need to buy full pod farm platinium for 299$ (http://store.line6.com/software/pod-farm-2-platinum.html), I can buy only this update (http://store.line6.com/software/pod-farm-2-standard-platinum-upgrade.html) for 199$ to unlock all features of pod farm, and I can use even with another pod studio?

• 4 months later...

Hi, I have a UX2, but also have a Behringer xenyx UFX1204. My problem is, if I'm using the 1204 as my interface all the licences for podfarm 2 are missing.

How do I use an alternative interface and still get the licences?

It sounds like your Pod Farm license came for free, bundled with the purchase of your UX2. In that case you need to have the UX2 connected to your computer in order for the license to be recognized.

If you want to use Pod Farm 2.5 with another audio interface you will need to purchase a hardware independent license for Pod Farm. For Line 6 the business model is: buy one of our interfaces and get Pod Farm for free. If you choose to use a non-Line 6 interface you have to pay for Pod Farm.

• 2 months later...

I just purchased the Platinum 2.5 upgrade but I already owned FX Junkie and Collectors Classics.  Are there other features/presets that I'm getting with the upgrade or would I have been better off just purchasing the stand alone versions of Metal Shop and the Bass Expansion?  I had a difficult time trying to figure out exactly what the extra things were but pulled the trigger anyway since it was 30% off.  Thanks!

For me, it was cheaper to just buy the model packs I wanted, saved a 200-odd £ doing it that way. Perhaps with the platinum upgrade you're buying podfarm as a standalone product and it would work without a line6 device. If I was going to buy anything out right, it would be the helix plug in.

• 1 month later...

I own POD Farm 2.5. But, I cannot find any links on Line6.com referring to a POD Farm 2.5 Platinum download. 

The links provided in this thread referring to a POD Farm 2.5 Platinum "upgrade" lead to "404 Not Found" error page.

Furthermore, there are references to a Pod Farm 2.9 version.

All of this is VERY confusing. 

Line6 can you please explain what's going on for us long-time Pod Farm Users?

Frankly, I'm finding the tone library and program very limiting and in need of fresh updates. 

Please advise.

If you want a response from line6, you're better off opening a support ticket with them, via your account page on line6.com.

Your installed podfarm already has the whole effect/amps downloaded,you just can't use them without buying more model packs or the platinum license. You just need to purchase the podfarm platinum license or individual model packs. again you will need to be logged in at line6.com to purchase and activate it via the line6 account manager that you should have installed on your pc. I don't think there will be anymore updates for podfarm, if you want more choice, and want to stay with line6, you might be best to check out helix native, the successor to podfarm.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure you can. The ux is just an interface, you don't need a line6 device to use podfarm. The license for podfarm comes with a ux/gx, but it's not exclusive to it.

I use podfarm on my second pc without any line6 interface, it works with a license manager system

PF Plationium runs ok while is set to asio and use laptop build in mic and spickers, but when i just connecting toneport it goes in to demo mode.

ux1/2 etc ... they have they own build in licence, and toneports are not ment to use with PF2 edition, is that make sence ?

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...