Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 updater dead?

30sos

So I wanted to update my Spider V and FBV3 and downloaded the new L6 Updater (at its recommendation). Now when I open it, I get a screen that says "Select Device to Update" with no options (screen shot attached). Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

P.S. Same thing happens in Offline mode (I downloaded the updates to see if I could do it that way, but no luck).

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I discovered that shortly after I posted. Silly me for thinking it would be built in a way that it would automatically recognize which cable I plugged in :/

I'm having the identical problem with my FBV 3. I cant log in to updater with username and password, then i choose offline, and select device is blank. I even tried it with the FBV3 in update mode. I have a USB cord with the type 1 and Type 2 ends, I plugged cord into the FBV3 and the USB port on PC. On my PC with Win 10, that USB port is F:

It just shows a question mark for F:

What is a USB select switch, and what is the correct position?

HELP!!!

I'm having the identical problem with my FBV 3. I cant log in to updater with username and password, then i choose offline, and select device is blank. I even tried it with the FBV3 in update mode. I have a USB cord with the type 1 and Type 2 ends, I plugged cord into the FBV3 and the USB port on PC. On my PC with Win 10, that USB port is F:

It just shows a question mark for F:

What is a USB select switch, and what is the correct position?

HELP!!!

Are you updating with just the FBV3 and usb or are you using the amp connected? I updated FBV and Amp individually.

Thank you for the reply. I did them separately. My Spider Jam is 9 years old. I never paid much attention to updating, I just played. I also have 4 other amps, so I switch it up. I purchased the FBV 3 last week and that's where it started. I plugged it in and the LCD was displaying only the last user style played. So I fired up the PC and started reading these forums and of course signed up. I then ordered a USB/ SD Card device as well as 1 and 2 GB SD cards from Amazon. All the SD cards in our house are 16 and 32 GB. Learned by reading here that SD cards cannot exceed 2 GB, and that they must be formatted as FAT, and not FAT 32. So I downloaded Ver 2.09 for Spider Jam, loaded SD Card and all went well. However the LCD issue on FBV 3 still persisted, so I kept reading and searching. I got the proper type 1 to type 2 USB cable and plugged the FBV 3 into the USB port on my PC, but the PC wouldn't recognize it. Figured out how to put FBV 3 in Update mode, but still no go. So I kept reading and learned of Line 6 Monkey, which was a dead end as apparently it has been replaced by Line 6 Updater. Downloaded Line 6 Updater but it wouldn't recognize my username/email addy and password. Tried the Off line mode, but still nothing. That's when I wrote the post above and shut off the freakin PC and played guitar. Later, when I calmed down, I tried again. I started Line 6 updater plugged in FBV 3 to USB, put FBV 3 in update mode, and logged in with only my username (truncated email address), and voila! I could seethe FBV 3 updates. Downloaded and ran back to my guitar room and plugged in. Problem solved!

Observations:

1. This post/reply may be verbose and redundant to some, but I tried to put it all down in the hope that someone in the same boat that I was in will be helped.

2. Line 6 products seem to be of good quality and Ive been satisfied with the products that I own, however the owners manuals are poorly written and simply not adequate.

3. This marriage of the guitar world and the PC world isn't for everyone. I'm by no means a Luddite, and am fairly competent with PC stuff, but I play guitar to get away from stuff like this. Maybe that's why my other 4 amps are all tube amps.

Cheers,

John S.

Switch is on the back of the unit.

It's for selecting iOS device jack or the USB device jack.

There is no switch on the FBV 3 unit. Just the CAT 5 connector and the Type 2 USB Connector. Perhaps you're referring to putting the FBV 3 into update mode by simultaneously pressing the "FS1" and "A" buttons, and holding them down wile plugging in the USB cord. Learned that from reading forums. Again, not in manual....

Thx for reply.

There is no switch on the FBV 3 unit. Just the CAT 5 connector and the Type 2 USB Connector. Perhaps you're referring to putting the FBV 3 into update mode by simultaneously pressing the "FS1" and "A" buttons, and holding them down wile plugging in the USB cord. Learned that from reading forums. Again, not in manual....

Thx for reply.

Makes sense since you are running a Spider Jam, and not a Spider V.

You would probably find more user info here:

http://line6.com/support/forum/26-spider-jam/

FBV3 updates via the Line 6 updater independently. There is also FBV3 software to custom assign certain elements.