Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Assigning effects to external expression pedal with FBV3

gtrman100

I've got the FBV3 and use an external expression pedal to control effects. What I've found is that when you assign an effect to the FBV3, it defaults the effect control to the external expression pedal. But since volume control defaults to the external pedal with no effect assigned, volume control switches to the internal pedal. I know that the red LED on the FBV3 indicates the change of mode, but it's easy to overlook it.

This can be very confusing when gigging. Is there any way to lock the volume control to the external expression pedal when assigning an effect to the FBV3? That way the external pedal will always be volume, and the internal pedal will always be effects.

I don't believe there is a way to globally lock this, you will have to assign the volume control to the correct expression pedal in each preset.

There is no way to change the pedal assignment of the volume or the assigned effect. Once you assign an effect to be controlled by an expression pedal, it defaults to the external expression pedal. Is there a way to assign it per preset? I don't care if it's global, I just want to lock the external pedal to be volume.

Not finding any way to to "lock" the assignment. It's a per preset deal.

I guess I'm not explaining it well. In a preset, if you have an external pedal connected to the FVB3, if you assign an effect to be controlled by an expression pedal, it automatically assigns it to the external pedal. I want to assign it to the internal pedal. I don't know any way to do that, Is there a way?

When an external pedal is connected, if there is no effect assigned to an expression pedal, the external pedal controls volume, so some presets will have the external pedal controlling volume, and those with an effect being assigned will have the internal pedal controlling volume. This can be confusing during a gig., especially when you have both kinds of presets on one bank.