Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help with initial Helix LT Install

tonyzubo

Right now I am feeling pretty stupid, but I shouldn't.  I am no techno idiot but I am feeling like one trying to do the initial setup for the Helix LT.  I want to install the Helix Editor, Helix application and firmware update  I have read the instructions through several times and am completely frustrated.  I had the HD500x and updated everything with no problems and could go on about how I have set up my network, recording studio, DAW etc but I won't waste your time trying to prove that I do know a little bit about technology.  Why isn't there a simple step by step instruction on how to do this.  

I have version firmware 2.12.1 on my LT.  The instructions at Line 6 say to install the correct editor first.  Well, I cannot find the editor software anywhere on the Line 6 site and obviously I don't have The Editor Software on my MacBook Air.  I downloaded the bundle at the bottom of the page, but it doesn't know where to install it when I try to install it. 

If someone could walk me through this or refer me to a video or instruction on how to do this and where to find the software I would really appreciate it.  I found plenty of videos on YouTube about how to update the software but nowhere to show how to initially install the Editor Software.

If I am having this many problems with this, I can't imagine what a person who really is not proficient must go through getting this thing up and running. 

• Upvote 1

Well OK after a great deal of trial and error I finally got this thing set up.  I researched back through some additional posts and found the solution. Now I can play and try it.  Thanks, sorry about the rant.  It was frustration driven. 

Your frustration is justified, IMO, the install protocol is absolutely one of the weak links in the helix chain, seemingly unnecessarily convoluted, especially involving preset/Ir saving/restoring.,I believe it will be attended to at some point , cause too many people get screwed by it.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

I have just started with Helix LT (firmware 2.12.2) and have created some presets that I want to keep. However I want to update, but according to the instructions I must have the correct editor version (2.12 I guess) to be able to backup my presets. I'm not finding this editor version anywhere, any help with this?

many thanks

Cheers