Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Clipping Noise With Blue Comp?

Alsklaftsk123

Just stumbled of those interesting posts ...

Not saying this is your cure-all but...

1. Put the Comp before the Amp module.
2. I only use the "Tube Comp" model and I really like it... but all the others are pretty lame.

Hopefully that'll help.

I have the same opinion..
also the Vetta comp despite having only a fixed ratio (which is anyway the most commonly used) is not bad

Can you share a few tube compressor settings and describe in a few words what you use it for (material, guitar, Amp, compress or compressand + change level)?

I just posted earlier today some questions I ran into using the tube compressor.

I like the sound but the model seems to behave a little 'unexpected', i.e., it adds gain at 0% Level for Thresholds starting at <70% (about 13dB at 0% Threshold)

Thanks,

Martin

Me too...

1. I rarely use it on "High Gain" but I will check to see if it's harmonic content adds anything nice. :P

2. I typically use the same settings as hurghanico with the Gain between 5-15, the Thresh @ 20-50%; rarely ever higher and mostly on clean amps.