Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Video Footage Of Me Using My Helix "Live" Onstage

robbieb61

Thanks...that was done with a camera on a tripod out in the audience. So what you hear is straight off the camera microphone...exactly the way it sounded in the room.

I'm using the PRS archetype model with no distortion pedals or anything. Just the amp, delay, and a Marshall cab IR

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see some live onstage footage of the Helix from others here too.

C'mon guys...post those vids.

We've all seen enough YouTube vids of guys in their bedroom "explaining" the Helix to last a lifetime! LOL!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using my Helix Rack/control live for just over a year.  I LOVE it!!  I am in an all-original hard-rock band based out of Tampa, FL.  My live patches are all based around the Essex 15.  I use a dual cab block with the silver bell 2x12 and the greenback 20 4x12.  I don't have any high or low cuts added.  My internal "pedalboard" has the red squeeze, phase 90, and an OCD (jut like my old analog board).  After the amp I have a 63 Spring Reverb that's on all the time, and the simple delay set to dotted 1/8ths that gets kicked on during leads.  Each song in our set uses this basic rig - some songs have extra/different effects depending on the song.  I have snapshots set up for verse, chorus, lead - and bridge, etc....again, depending on what the song needs.  All my volume and effect parameter changes are prgrammed nto each snapshot.  It is SOOOOOOO great not to have to compromise onstage.  Last time I had rig that was CLOSE to the Helix was when I had a 12 space rack with my pedals and rack effects controlled by a GCX/Ground Control Pro set up.  Talk about A LOT of weight and wiring work - and it STILL wasn't as flexible as the Helix!!

This particular show we travelled south to Fort Myers.  I used my PRS Paul's Guitar.  I love this clip because you can hear that the Helix allows the pickups to shine.  I am using the bridge humbucker for most of the song.  The first part of the lead is the neck pickup as a single coil.  Anyway, enjoy!!!

• Upvote 2