Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT25 bricked after firmware update


Recommended Posts

Hi there


I purchasef a used DT25 112 combo 2 weeks ago.

It was working perfect, no issues at all, but I decided to install firmware version 2.


So this morning I tried to upgrade but failed with the code 8000000A error and the amp is not responding now.


The steps I followed were


1 Connect the amp via an Alesis USB-MIDI cable to my Mac running OS Sierra

2 Launched Line 6 Monkey, which detected the DT25 with firmware 1.0

3 Clicked the update button and after a short time I got the 8000000A message

4 When restarting the amp and Monkey, the amp does not get detected anymore.


I googled for problems and decided to try it again with the dowloaded file. No succes, same error.


Now the amp is useless.


I searched and tried the safe mode with channel B toggle, the pinching topology and pentode switches, but nothing restores the amp to its default.

I tried several times to upgrade, even on a windows 10 computer, but the problem does not get solved.


Anybody here that can help me with this ? I loved the amp as it served as a practice amp that was not too big and versatile enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had an issue like that with my DT25 once about 5 or 6 years ago before they were released. My problem turned out to be my M-Audio midi UNO...It absolutely would not work correctly on my DT50 or my DT25....But it worked great on my old Flextone III XL. Anyway, I also have an EMU 1820 that is PCI based and it always works with anything...If I remember correctly, you want to start the amp in safe mode and then update it while in safe mode...I continued to get the error until I stopped using the UNO...I do think something is up with my UNO as it is really quite old...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tried with an M-Audio Midiman. No succes.

Not in safe mode, nor in any other mode.


The amp does not respond on any switch manipulation neither.


Think this will have to get back to a service center. According to the tech in the shop it is a malfunctioning eeprom.

This is strange because the amp worked like a charm before I started the update.


I only wanted to update to get another Amp in the DT25 with the '63 spring reverb.

Initially I wanted to use the POD HD500, but I do not like it. It is big and I hardly use 15% of the functionality. 

I switched back to my WYSIWIG M13 ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One small thing to check that can also cause failures over midi is if your midi interface has echo enabled. This was an issue on the old Edirol interfaces as they would install with echo on by default. That has to be turned off because it completely freaks out the flash process. This has been true for the midi flashing of all Line 6 gear. Just something to check for...


When my amp bricked, it behaved like you described...But my problem was salvageable with a different interface. I am not saying the service guy is wrong...just something I forgot about that causes flash fails over midi... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...