Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix with M20D via Line6 Link?

yigitcitak

Yes. I do this routinely.

You can use each device's parameters and DSP independently but there is no parameter control between them. For instance you cannot control a Helix Delay parameter using the M20d, but you could choose to use no Delay block in the Helix preset and use an M20d Delay instead.

I prefer to do all the signal processing on Helix. I use the M20d HD500 factory preset for the Helix input channel. It is designed to provide little or no DSP to the incoming signal, assuming the external guitar processor is doing all the work.

EDIT: disregard the above. It is completely wrong. I don't know what I was thinking. I routinely connect my Helix to the Stagesource speakers and I must have had that thought in mind. But the M20d has only an L6 Link Output, not input. You cannot connect the Helix to the M20d using L6 Link. Apologies.

Yes. I do this routinely.

You can use each device's parameters and DSP independently but there is no parameter control between them. For instance you cannot control a Helix Delay parameter using the M20d, but you could choose to use no Delay block in the Helix preset and use an M20d Delay instead.

I prefer to do all the signal processing on Helix. I use the M20d HD500 factory preset for the Helix input channel. It is designed to provide little or no DSP to the incoming signal, assuming the external guitar processor is doing all the work.

Interesting thought -- I've never considered this.  I normally just use Helix's left out to an M20d input channel (using the HD500 factory preset).  Never occurred to me to use Helix's L6 Link out.  Silverhead -- Is there any advantage to doing so?  If I connect to a snake and then to the M20d, have I negated any said advantage?

Interesting thought -- I've never considered this.  I normally just use Helix's left out to an M20d input channel (using the HD500 factory preset).  Never occurred to me to use Helix's L6 Link out.  Silverhead -- Is there any advantage to doing so?  If I connect to a snake and then to the M20d, have I negated any said advantage?

Sorry - see my edit to the previous post. I was clearly confused at the time. Apologies.

• 1 year later...