Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Saving effects changes in snapshots.

homegrownbuddy

When I tried to create a snapshot for high gain I used my snapshot one settings and just dialed up the Minotaur to my liking. Saved the snapshot. Now when I switch between one and two they are both set to 10 on the gain lol. Am I a goof? What am I doing wrong.  My brain says this should work. Snapshot 1 minotaur gain at 1. Snapshot two minotaur gain at 10. But it's like whatever changes I make to the pedal saves to both snapshots everytime? help lol

When I tried to create a snapshot for high gain I used my snapshot one settings and just dialed up the Minotaur to my liking. Saved the snapshot. Now when I switch between one and two they are both set to 10 on the gain lol. Am I a goof? What am I doing wrong.  My brain says this should work. Snapshot 1 minotaur gain at 1. Snapshot two minotaur gain at 10. But it's like whatever changes I make to the pedal saves to both snapshots everytime? help lol

You probably have Global Settings > Preferences > 'Snapshot Edits' set to "Discard".  This means you have to do a save each time before you switch snapshots if you want your parameter values to be saved when you switch snapshots. If you set this to "Recall" you will only have to save once before you switch away from the snapshot. Also of course you must have the parameter you want to differ between snapshots assigned to a snapshot.

Sounds like you neglected the step of assigning the parameter changes to Snapshot control; you need to go to the Snapshot wherein you intend to change the parameter(s), and as you're about to begin turning the encoder knobs to change the values, push the knob IN first, and hold in momentarily as you begin to turn it.

You'll know it's worked correctly immediately; the parameter value will now show in [brackets] like that, indicating that Snapshots (in this case) have control of those values.

Do this for every value you intend to change within a set of Snapshots. SAVE results before exiting that Snapshot.

From there, you can dial unique values for the bracketed parameters for any Snapshots in that preset.