Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

First live gig.

StruckingFuggle

My company hosts a battle of the bands every year. Band must be made up of employees. We had two practices and then three of the guys were traveling for two weeks and just got back the night before we played.

First gig with Helix. After upgrading to the Ownhammer IRs I'm much happier with how it cuts through the mix.

I don't think anybody in the crowd would have picked out that it was a modeler. I was pretty happy with it. It's recorded with an iPhone, so the mix isn't great. Looking forward to getting some fulll volume tweaks in the coming months

• Upvote 1

Yea man sounds killer even through a phone. Nice job on the solo! Was that a butterfly that dive bombed your head at 30 seconds in?

Lol. I didn't even notice until you pointed that out. Pretty sure I had my eyes closed going "don't screw up, don't screw up, don't screw up". Sometimes it's hard to play like nobody else is listening.in a room full of pretty good musicians.

I was just surprised everyone in the band was a lefty until I read the banner. Also, that has to be the best phone recording I have ever heard, I've never heard a phone actually record bass.

Thanks! iPhone does this so you can frame the shot and your image moves like you do. That is, you move left, your image moves left. If you take pictures it will flip the image to correct it, but does not flip video. This was on FB live.

I had about 10 seconds to set up my phone, and the only convenient place was on the sub. So that may be why it actually captured some low freq.